Group / Thread for UK Members?

Aden243

Hello all,

I'm just pondering if there is a thread for any members who are form the UK?

Poly culture may differ considerably from the USA, although it will share many universal themes. Just wondering if there is a corner we can claim (or have already claimed) to sip tea and have cake!

There isn't mush in the way of websites out there for poly peeps in the UK and if there is they are not well known.

Obviously the aim would be not to marginalise anyone from other countries, and there would probably be a sub forum for LGBT poly within UK.

Your thoughts and opinions please?

Hi Aden
I too have searched . I found one, whos name I cant recall, who wouldnt allow me to sign up, as I am not in a poly relationship.

so I hang out here, where the people are nice !

At very least, I'd like to pop in for a cuppa if i'm ever near you again. I live in Surrey, but travel a lot for work. :)

Coffee is always good, but only if served with cake! (though that does explain my waistline and my diet)

There is indeed very little for the UK peeps almost to the point that its nearly underground (or so it seems I could be corrected)

Hi.....

Seems like you guys are reading my mind..... ;-)

Hello from me!.....

I have only just found all this....... :)

Plenty of English folks about. But I don't see why you'd really want to cut yourself off from everyone else. Seems to be a ton of Canadians on here. They're like the US, but more English. ;D Mostly quite lovely people all over the forums.

there is a European group which could do the job.

I don't want to cut myself off form the Americans or the Canadians - were all one bug community at the end of the day - were all human and all suffer the same emotions and life scenarios.

I dunno i just figured a UK thread would be helpfull :confused:

I moved this thread to the "Europe" forum but decided to move it back. Just incase some interesting discussion occurs around differences... Otherwise I will move it again. :)

Canadian here. :) First gen. My parents are Welsh and English. I have noticed that seems to mean more in Canada than in the States. It seems that the melting pot is more prevelent. Canadians don't generally relay their heritage to Canada.... Totally off topic.

Hi there,

I personally would suggest against any attempt at separation. We are a global community now and the benefits are obvious in so many areas. It's a very worthwhile thing to share what we all have in common and in difference.
This is a topic that's been touched on before in other areas - such as age etc. We gain nothing as a species unless we find the value in our commanalities and uniqueness.

Just my thoughts..........

GS

there is a European group which could do the job.

I don't want to cut myself off form the Americans or the Canadians - were all one bug community at the end of the day - were all human and all suffer the same emotions and life scenarios.

I dunno i just figured a UK thread would be helpfull :confused:
Why is it you feel that way? If you are wanting to meet people, there is always the Europe thread further down the main forum page to do that. But as just general discussions [as this thread is], I see no advantage to cutting yourself off from others. You said it perfectly yourself. "We're all one big community at the end of the day."

I made baked quince with cloves, port wine, honey and lemon juice last night for my parents and thought of Wales. My grandmother had a quince bush. I wish I could find one for my own garden. I love quince jelly. Its such a treat! Thankfully I live in a climate that is similar to Wales so I could get one.... I just haven't found one yet.

Mono makes a great cup of tea... as does PN, tea is not the same as my youth now in Britain me thinks. When I visit there I get a mug of tea... not like back in the day with a tea pot and a cup and saucer. Mono goes all out every evening during the work week at 3.30pm (tea time). He makes a tray with a tea towel and a tea jug of milk with two cups and saucers... even the milk we get is in a bottle like the ones that were delivered to my grandmothers house. He takes the bags out just at the right time too. :) *joy*

I'm turning into my mother ;)

Its funny because I feel so at home there my body aches to be there... yet when I lived there I missed the great Canadian wild. Having grown up in a small town with a Native population bigger than the white one I spent much time around hunting, fishing, pow wows... this land is my home, but Britain is my blood. One can't help their genes I think. Our family goes back much to far all over that island for that to not have some kind of draw...

back to the thread... ya, not sure where we are going here, but... carry on :D

I made baked quince with cloves, port wine, honey and lemon juice last night for my parents and thought of Wales.
That doesn't sound like Wales at all. Cheese on toast is their national dish. That describes the Welsh all over. ^_^

The only places that you'll ever really get a cup and saucer with a scone on the side now, has to be old tea shops in the middle of nowhere. They have a lot of them down Devon and Cornwall too. Besides, coffee is much better. =P

Maybe we're not leaving track really. This could perhaps be a thread for talking about the UK. =D Tea and scones for everyone! [note: bring your own tea and scones]. :D

That doesn't sound like Wales at all. Cheese on toast is their national dish. That describes the Welsh all over. ^_^
the recipe isn't Welsh no. The quince? No idea. Maybe it was just my Nana?

For the record- melted English Cheddar, Welsh ale, bit of Keens powdered mustard; on toast. Yum! ;)

the recipe isn't Welsh no. The quince? No idea. Maybe it was just my Nana?

For the record- melted English Cheddar, Welsh ale, bit of Keens powdered mustard; on toast. Yum! ;)

Oh, why did I click on this thread? Now I'm hungry!
That does sound delicious! Never seen powdered mustard, but I'm sure you could substitute for some regular English mustard. =]

That does sound delicious! Never seen powdered mustard, but I'm sure you could substitute for some regular English mustard. =]
Its the closest thing we have to English mustard.... Apparently.. according to my mum. Its a good way to use up beer that got opened the night before and didn't get drank! Yum,,,, I think I will make cheese toast now. :D

Of course then there is Marmite. I will add marmite to the cheese toast. Nothing divides the world like the like/dislike debate around marmite. ;) :D *poke* Its like the mono vs. poly debate! Ha! not really

Last edited:
Of course then there is Marmite. I will add marmite to the cheese toast. Nothing divides the world like the like/dislike debate around marmite. ;) :D *poke* Its like the mono vs. poly debate! Ha! not really

Heh! At least there is debate about mono vs. poly. There's no debate about Marmite vs. no Marmite -- just love or hate ;)

Its the closest thing we have to English mustard.... Apparently.. according to my mum. Its a good way to use up beer that got opened the night before and didn't get drank! Yum,,,, I think I will make cheese toast now. :D

Heh! At least there is debate about mono vs. poly. There's no debate about Marmite vs. no Marmite -- just love or hate ;)
I disagree, I think Marmite is just ok... =P You don't just love or hate anything. There will always be someone who doesn't mind either way. I haven't had it since I was a kid though. Might have to pick some up again at some point.

and redpepper, as far as I know, English mustard is just a style of mustard. I'm sure you can find some in a shop somewhere. Probably not the original Colman's though. Pure English, English mustard. =P Or you could even try make your own?

Last edited by a moderator:
and redpepper, as far as I know, English mustard is just a style of mustard. I'm sure you can find some in a shop somewhere. Probably not the original Colman's though. Pure English, English mustard. =P Or you could even try make your own?
Yes, I can get it in a few shops around the city I live in now, but when I was growing up in Northern Canada in a small town with a population of two Brit's (my parents) there was only Keen's and they decided it was the closest they could get. It actually tastes quite different to Colman's, but they are so used to it now, and as a result so am I, that this is what we use.

I would give my right arm for a proper curry and chips some nights coming home from the bar. Just sayin'. We have a Montreal poutine shop down the street from us though and that works just fine.

I can't wait to bring my family over to visit Britain in a few years when LB is about 11-12 and feed them curry and chips... amongst other things. We have been saving so we can all go. We will have some rounds to do by then as I have met some amazing poly people on line that I would LOVE to meet in person... who knows, maybe some of you will visit us? :) That way we can compare poly notes in person!

Yes, I can get it in a few shops around the city I live in now, but when I was growing up in Northern Canada in a small town with a population of two Brit's (my parents) there was only Keen's and they decided it was the closest they could get. It actually tastes quite different to Colman's, but they are so used to it now, and as a result so am I, that this is what we use.

I would give my right arm for a proper curry and chips some nights coming home from the bar. Just sayin'. We have a Montreal poutine shop down the street from us though and that works just fine.

I can't wait to bring my family over to visit Britain in a few years when LB is about 11-12 and feed them curry and chips... amongst other things. We have been saving so we can all go. We will have some rounds to do by then as I have met some amazing poly people on line that I would LOVE to meet in person... who knows, maybe some of you will visit us? :) That way we can compare poly notes in person!
Oooh curry and chips. Yum. I fancy that now. In fact, tomorrow, I might just have to have fish and chips with curry sauce. Ooooh! ^_^
If you're ever round near Leeds, I'd love to meet you and the family... and definitely I shall return the visit if ever I'm round your area of Canada. =] My mum and her partner are moving to Canada as soon as they can anyways. So that already gives me a reason to go there. Not sure where abouts they are going yet though. I think Alberta?

Back