I love being in love

janndemery

I love to be in love and I love more then one person now, they really don't know of one another, in a sense that I do infact spend time with each of them on a nearly daily basis, one works at night and one during the day, I feel very sad that I cant have them both in my life on a more regular basis, like living together as a family, I really never new what was wrong with me and cryed serveral times a day, I thought this can't be right, a person is ment to only have one love at a time, I battled myself every second on what was right, I was watching tv one night and found a little something on about pollyamary and it explained me to the T, and then another program that same night, had to wonder if this is a sign, I now know I am not the only one in the world that feels this way, that is ok to love more then one person, but a down side to this all is I am from a small town and things like this are unheard of, I wish I could be around more people like me but fear I will never find them, now have to wonder am I always going to have to lead a double love life.

Welcome to the forum!

Many of us are from small towns where we can't be "out" about our lovestyles.

As I understand it, you are in two relationships where each partner has no knowledge of your relationship with the other, and they have an expectation with each of them that you are exclusive with them. This is making you uncomfortable, because you really dislike being dishonest. Have I summed that up ok or is there something I am missing?

To me, the big question is how long you have been in a relationship with each of them? How established is it? What commitments have you made to each other? I think that the answers to these questions will very much change your possible routes in the future.

Hi Janndemery, and welcome to the forum. I do sympathise with your situation. You sound like a really genuine person, and I'm glad that you've discovered poly and all the joy it can bring.

Your current situation is of course a difficult one. I take it your partners don't know about each other, and believe that they are in a mono relationship with you? Do you have any idea as to what you might want to do about this?

Hi janndemery,

Just wanted to add my (belated) welcome to the forum. I hope you will be able to sort your situation out and that all will work out for the best. Lots of poly people have to live "in the closet." I do, so I can relate to you on that front.

Regards and best wishes,
Kevin T.

Back