new girl in town

LilacViolin

Hi :)

Let's see, I'm Lilac. I live in Dallas with my spouse. We've been in the poly world for quite a while, mostly with one other person, and mostly a woman. Now I'm dating a woman - times are really hard right now - and he's not dating anyone. We're talking about joining the local poly scene, just to meet people. We've lived here for four years but we have few friends. Most of our friendships revolve around our kids and we don't want that.

I am pretty idealistic I think. I would love to have a quad family, sharing a house, responsibilities, etc. I love the feeling of family and would like more of that. Realistically though I realize that the stars would have to align for that to happen: so many personalities, parenting strategies, feelings of responsibilities, values. I have two friends who have made it work but I know it is pretty rare.

I'm an open book, so feel free to ask questions.

And I just stumbled upon this forum last night. I'm really glad to be here.

I'm glad your here too. I often think of a quad family too, and then I often end up think about starting a poly relationship like that, and how text that would be

Hello Lilac,
Welcome to our forum.

You may not find your ideal quad right away, but at least you can make new friends here and engage in interesting conversations. I think you have a good idea to join your local poly people. It's nice to meet people in person who share the poly value.

How many kids do you have (if I may ask)?

Glad you could join us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Wow that was alot of info in a short space . You write very clear and pointed . Welcome to the board and look forward to talking in the future

How many kids do you have.

I have 2, boy is 7 (and has aspergers, so going out is tough) and girl is 3. I am a stay at home mom and am admittedly bored. I want adult time, play, fun, community.

Back