running

redpepper

So, I recently took up running again after many years of delaying due to pregnancy and child rearing....

I started with walking... I weighed much more than I do now and it took a long time to get a speed walk into 45 mins. I have expanded my route now that I run. I run to the ocean every night.... I also started swimming this winter again too. I feel great even if it is hard to fit into my already busy schedule.

I am hoping to run the local half marathon with my co-worker by October. Ha, if I can run the route on my own I will be happy.

My body has changed since then though! I didn't used to need special bras for sure..... :( those three years of breast feeding weren't good to me apparently. Poor old ladies.... heh :)

Any runners amongst us? Anyone know the advantages of running at a gym or outside? Anyone know a good bra or shoes for that matter? Anyone have any stories of training they would like to share?

What's the pollution like in your area? I see folks running outside here on days the air quality is bad and wonder if they're oblivious to all the crap they're drawing into their lungs. When air quality is low, run inside--smog isn't good for you.

I saw some article on the best bras for running a year or so ago. As I don't wear them, I've no idea where the article can be found. I suspect you'll have to spend some time searching online.

Suggestion: Cuil is a better search engine, in general, than Google. Heck, Ask is a better search engine, in general, than Google.

I'd like to start running again, after some absense from that routine -- which I tried to renew again months ago, after years away.

I have a tendency to engage in very running-unfriendly habits, like smoking (a little, not much!) and drinking (also not outragously). I have two -- at least -- competing personalities inhabiting my skin. One is disciplined and likes to do what is good for me; the other is a lazy shit, and thinks all of this "self-improvement" is for the birds.

Im enjoying running to an extent. I have lost over 100Lbs (almost 50kg) in the last year and Its partly due to chaging my exercise routines. (like from none to being a gym junkie) And I am able to run somewhat now. Im not gonna be signing up for any Marathons though!

I'm not a runner, but I too have become a gym junkie like Sunshinegrl.

Wow! You have a need to worry about air quality! I can't imagine! We live in a small city on the west coast of Canada. No need to worry as the air quality it is perfect always. Its the rain that some object to. I'm out in it regardless. Although I'm not a big fan of getting my glasses wet and being unable to see.

I've never been to a gym. Hard to believe in this day and age! I was hoping a friend would take me this winter but we both got too busy. My husband could take me but child care is the issue. I continue to be a *gym virgin*.

I bought a cheap bra yesterday and tried it out. It worked okay. I think I should invest as I go along though.

Good for you sunshine! That's a big deal! I lost 52 lbs but if I lost too much more I would be too small. Muscles, stamina, feeling good is the goal now. I'm not to interested in being smaller. I like that I have something to hold on to.

Yup. I don't concern myself with the allergen count, despite having seasonal allergies. The pollution, however, is a problem. I don't take the bike out or walk the trail when the air's bad--too difficult to clear the crap out of my lungs later.

Wow! You have a need to worry about air quality! I can't imagine! We live in a small city on the west coast of Canada. No need to worry as the air quality it is perfect always. Its the rain that some object to. I'm out in it regardless. Although I'm not a big fan of getting my glasses wet and being unable to see.

I've never been to a gym. Hard to believe in this day and age! I was hoping a friend would take me this winter but we both got too busy. My husband could take me but child care is the issue. I continue to be a *gym virgin*.

I bought a cheap bra yesterday and tried it out. It worked okay. I think I should invest as I go along though.

Good for you sunshine! That's a big deal! I lost 52 lbs but if I lost too much more I would be too small. Muscles, stamina, feeling good is the goal now. I'm not to interested in being smaller. I like that I have something to hold on to.

i had never either till September last yr. Now I love it. I lost most of my boobs but still got plenty to hold on too. ;)

i had never either till September last yr. Now I love it. I lost most of my boobs but still got plenty to hold on too. ;)

I'm so very proud of you, you've done amazing (and is gonna whip me into shape when I get there)
and your boobs are great ;) hehe

Working out

Redpepper,

I speed walk everynight after working out at the gym for 45 minutes. I speed walk the trails everyday, I have just begun speed walking for three minutes then running for one. I want to get up to, just being able to run.

I find it so much better to do the trails, they have hills and I feel it in my legs, much more then doing the tread at the gym. But on rainy days, it's the tread of course.

I also didn't do the running part due to my size D's which are a small c now..LOL I was so worried about people seeing them bounce, so to speak. But "Hanes" has a good sports bra. Although I feel like I have one huge boob while wearing them but, it's much better then "knocking yourself out" while running.

elizabeth

I did the run/walk thing for awhile, but I am not very left brain, AT ALL in fact, and got bored. Now I just run until I get past the out of breath stage by slowing down a bit and jogging, then I get my groove and can go for a long time. I would rather spend my time thinking about other things than times and anything to do with numbers.... boooorrrinnnng :)

Thanks for the bra info... I think it was a uni-bra Hanes that I bought actually! Mine are about a C too... I still find they bounce a little, but I kind of hold them with the sides of my arms LOL... now I just need something for my phone and ipod, like something all in one with one of those straps for the arms.... I stick everything into my bra.... then I get notes from mono on the way that he hides in a tree for me and I have those to carry.... ahhhh! why do they not make pockets for these things! I see the appeal of a fanny pack! heh.

aussielover, how do you know what my tits look like, are you thinking of ygirl?

thanks just the same, they are rather lovely. At least some think so anyway.

hehe look at my quote above my post! :p

And I'm sure they are!

I have no ambition to run again. I never enjoyed when I was doing it and I'm just getting too damned old to do things I don't enjoy just because they're "good for me." I'll walk, I'll ride my bike, I'll probably take up martial arts again, I may begin dancing in my living room. I have no interest in ever running again.

As an added bonus, by not running, I won't have to worry about my boobs bouncing too much! ;D

I did the run/walk thing for awhile, but I am not very left brain, AT ALL in fact, and got bored. Now I just run until I get past the out of breath stage by slowing down a bit and jogging, then I get my groove and can go for a long time. I would rather spend my time thinking about other things than times and anything to do with numbers.... boooorrrinnnng :)

Thanks for the bra info... I think it was a uni-bra Hanes that I bought actually! Mine are about a C too... I still find they bounce a little, but I kind of hold them with the sides of my arms LOL... now I just need something for my phone and ipod, like something all in one with one of those straps for the arms.... I stick everything into my bra.... then I get notes from mono on the way that he hides in a tree for me and I have those to carry.... ahhhh! why do they not make pockets for these things! I see the appeal of a fanny pack! heh.

lol I does that too. EVERYTHING goes in my bra. lol Phone..Ipod..keys.. There use to be plenty to hold everything all in.

This has nothing to do per se with running, but with bouncing boobs. I have one thing to say: mine are at that awkward stage where wearing a bra is equally uncomfortable to not wearing a bra.

That is all.

kthxbye

How far along are you?? I hated wearing bras when I was pg.. but couldnt stand not too.

Oppsy my bad. Someone here is.. I recalled...

Back