Poly Vignettes: Sharing Success & Happiness

happy b-day to me :)

Redpepper is a person who celebrates birthdays, housewarmings and family stuff. I am not normally that big on all of that. She also embraces every opportunity to share time with friends. As most of you know, I am more withdrawn in that area. However, last night Redpepper and her husband were free for the night and wanted to do something with me to celebrate my birthday.

I decided it would be nice to get all of us together and invite some friends from both our worlds to enjoy a Halloween festival and dancing.

By both our worlds, I mean a friendship with a traditional monogamous couple Redpepper and I have developed in my neighbourhood and our other friends from the poly world. This was a time for meeting and bridging a few gaps.

So we all met up and had a great time at the festival and enjoyed some screams and laughs. We then headed to town to the local gay/queer bar that is relaxed and a fun place to dance. We first went for a little pizza where a middle-aged guy was severely drunk and a confrontation was brewing between him and some young guys. Redpepper rushed in to the rescue, pulled the drunken guy away and then we spent five minutes looking for a bench that he could sleep on. This is in her nature, taking care of people, for no other reason than that they are people.

We then hit the dance floor and had a great time. Our monogamous friends have met her husband before, but this was the first time that they had met her other lover (aka, the Fancy LOL!) They had never been in a gay bar either, especially on a kink night! They really enjoyed themselves. We all had a great time dancing and when the night was over, we spent the night/day at my place.

It had been too long since all the people in her life had come together to bond and simply have fun. I love these moments, as they help grow the relationships between her lovers and friends.

We really do have it good, regardless of everything that needs to be done for us to be healthy. We love being together and I am thankful for every second I have with her. :D

Last edited:
God, that is so me. I so long for the day we can just hang out comfortably with everyone!

I think RP and I must have much in common, because when you talk about her, it almost sounds like you are talking about me!

She logged off. If you are in contact with her currently, let her know I sent her hugs and kisses in PM. No tears needed. She's a great lady and a wonderful addition to the board!

We then hit the dance floor and had a great time. Our monogamous friends have met her husband before but this was the first time that they had met her other lover (aka, the Fancy LOL!) They had never been in a gay bar either, especially a kink night! They really enjoyed themselves. We all had a great time dancing and when the night was over me and her spent the night/day at my place.

I'm sorry wasn't able to make it, but I hear from those that were there that it was a good time. Cheers.

I drove home in the dark this morning with Mono on his bike beside me, all bound up in his winter riding gear. We drove through the city to his work and my home (which are a block from each other) and I was completely content. I am so in love with him, so in love with my life and so pleased with how it is all turning out. Everyone seems to be happy and content and getting what they need and want out of our relationships. My hands were warmed by the heat pad I was using, the heater hummed to warm the car up and my heart was warmed by the silence of the morning and the meditation on my love for those I hold close to me and protect in its folds.

After work, Redpepper and I got together for a walk and coffee. We talked about the forums and about recent comments about our future expectations. She took me to a house and, as we stood in front of it, she asked if I could see us all living in it. I admit my initial reaction was a noncommittal shrug and a simple "It looks too close." The thing was, she was asking me if I could imagine us living in that house as we are now. But I was looking into the future and injecting "what if's." I essentially set myself up in a place of discomfort before answering. Once she reframed and clarified the question, the answer was simple and a definitive yes.

I want her in my life forever. She wants me in her life forever. That much is clear. Regardless if my vision of the future is not as clear as hers, we both want the same thing. And so our journey continues. :)

Last edited:
but I was looking into the future and injecting "what if's." I essentially set myself up in a place of discomfort before answering.

I'm the poly one in my relationship, and I do this far more than my mono husband. He and my Dom ask me about the future sometimes, and I always seem to qualify it with "that depends on..."

I like the idea of just "going with the flow." I wonder how many people do this without realizing it.

Thanks for sharing your thought process. It does help some of us to see our own mental quirks. :)

Mono, have you ever taken the "Please understand me" test? I'm curious to know what you are. I'll get LR to find the book and I'll give you some more direct info. I'm an ISTJ and I'm very prone to the "what if's" something that I AM but that I don't have to let control my life. Glad to see you processed through it. :)

YAY! Good job! I didn't know it was online!

My sister is an INFJ, which makes us a heck of a good combination. She keeps saying it's too damn bad we didn't know that when we were younger. We simply would have gotten married! Hahahaha

Even Maca had to raise his eyebrows, because my profile is the perfect "stereotypical dad" and hers is the "stereotypical mom." :D

Knowing who I am and why I'm that way sure has helped me. Also knowing who LR is and why has made it much easier to see things from her point of view. That was the first step (doing that test) I took in learning more about myself.

RP, thanks for the link. I was wondering for many years what I was. I found out that for most of my life I've been an ESTJ and mostly still am. But as my journey changes course, I think I sense some changes coming in my assigned category! Wonder if they've conceived of a truly accurate category to fit ME! Ha!:D

Back