HELP! delete meeeeeeeeee !!!

You only have one post and all it says is that you want to be deleted....
you could private message one of the Moderators, they might be able to help ya.

You have 12 hours to edit and/or delete your post. After that your only option is to have your account banned and your username changed to a number. But we do not allow people to do that and then sign up again under a new name. We have discussed this and announced it and re-announced it and people still keep asking for it as though they are special and the rules that apply to everyone else don't apply to them. If we start allowing people to delete their accounts and sign up under a new name, people would be doing that ALL THE TIME, and it is not part of our jobs as moderators to go around with a broom and dust-pan fixing everyone's indiscretions. If you want something to be private don't post it on the internet, cough up the big bucks and pay a therapist or a shrink to keep your secrets secret.

The end.

You have 12 hours to edit and/or delete your post.
It is often said, but for deletion there is in fact one more rule.

You can only delete a post if it is the last post on a thread. Once someone else posts the software seems to prevent deletion. (I have not found this written up anywhere, but came across it in practice when I tried to delete something. It was within the 12 hours, it could be editted, but the delete button was not offered)

This kinda makes sense, as they might be responding to what you said, and if you delete it then their message would itself be left hanging.

It is often said, but for deletion there is in fact one more rule.

You can only delete a post if it is the last post on a thread. Once someone else posts the software seems to prevent deletion. (I have not found this written up anywhere, but came across it in practice when I tried to delete something. It was within the 12 hours, it could be editted, but the delete button was not offered)

This kinda makes sense, as they might be responding to what you said, and if you delete it then their message would itself be left hanging.

Riiiight. But you can "edit" it to be anything you want, including gibberish or just a dot or dash. So, you CAN "delete-edit" your post, then report it to the moderators, request that we delete it for you, within the 12 hour window, and it's all good.

Why oh why do people like to complicate things unnecessarily? Oh, don't answer that - I just remembered where I am.

Back