New Guy

So I figured I'd go ahead with this introduction rather than lurk around anonymously. I'm a pretty ordinary guy. In a committed monogamous relationship and happy in it. I think a person can be polyamorous and find happiness with someone in a monogamous relationship if that's what works right and clicks.

I actually became more open-minded about polyamory over time based on experiences from being in relationships that were polyamorous in everything but name as well as experiences where I was attracted to more than one person with the type of depth that usually takes most people into a monogamous relationship.

I may disappoint some here (is my guess) because those experiences, if categorized as polyamorous, would have been or could have been polyfidelitous triads of the FFM type. I realize this probably fits a stereotype of men but if I didn't think it was more than sexual, I wouldn't be here.

I'm curious about how much legitimacy polyamory will gain in coming years in mainstream society and in terms of the law. I'm curious to understand what compels others, how they have ended up in polyamorous relationships, what it's like, how religious views overlap with it, etc.

I would really like to have actual dialog with members of this forum. I just want to learn more about polyamory and my questions will range from anything touching on the topics I posted above to the emotional and sexual aspects of it. I hope their are people out there willing to have these discussions with me and maybe for the chance to develop more profound friendships over email, etc. to exchange views.

Hi johnrodriguezlax,
Welcome to our forum.

You should be able to have some productive discussions with many of the members on this forum. I will be following this thread and if you provide a link to another thread on this site, I'll follow that too.

I'm sure polyamory will be recognized legally eventually but it is a question of how long that will take. I rather "fell" into a poly relationship "by accident;" it was not planned. It was a little rough going in the early years but seems to have settled down. I am personally an atheist so religion doesn't much enter into it (perhaps it does for my companions).

I am willing to answer just about any questions you may have. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Thanks

Hi Kevin - thanks for the reply. I'll look forward to the discussions here. I will surf around to get familiar with where things are posted, etc. I have questions but will look for threads that may have addressed them just in case.

Sounds like a good plan. :)

Hi,

Welcome to the forum... You'll find alot of useful information and a plethora of people to talk to. Hope you find the answers your looking for.

Nancy

Back