New to polyamory and struggling to swim in the deep end

Were you 2 tight before she met new bf? Did you have plenty of sex, dates, cuddles, romance? Were you getting along well in general?

Why is she ignoring you so much now? I know, NRE, but that is no excuse to be so uncaring about what you've grown to expect and love as far as attention... relationship! We don't need to go all tit for tat, but there does need to be some balance in time sharing, and she needs to slow down and remember you exist.

For one thing, I need to apologize for dumping on here, I was in a sorry state the other night and anything my brain could think of was becoming fair game. We had a hard time getting out on dates before this because of or little guy. We can't afford a babysitter and with school getting in the way of everything made it so we couldn't get out at all really. The circumstances of their meeting set me on edge in the first place and left a bitter taste to moving forward. Part of my problem (I think) is some underlying codependency that we were unaware of and my being a social person. It is really tough for me to be at home with just the little guy. The other part has been my inability to get out of the house to try to meet new people combined with okcupid being depressing (and not being able to afford any other dating websites). I have been feeling much better these past few days, but that may be because she is back. Part of what really dry mew off last weekend was getting my hopes up that she would be staying home as he came out top visit. But the next day she was telling like crap and needed to get a dose of oxytocin and some reassurance about her own problem. It just meant that we had to cancel some family plans and I had to take the little man to a friends birthday party and pretend to be fine. I'm trying to confront things head on, she wasn't telling me her feelings as she didn't want them to upset me, but I think my imagination does a fantastic job of that. So we will see where things go.

Thanks

So you are the babysitter you can't afford while your wife goes off on dates with her boyfriend? Perhaps her boyfriend should take some turns babysitting so you and she can go out on dates as well.

Glad to hear things are going better for the moment.

Exactly. She is willing to be the babysitter if I have a date, but its hard to find a date with the little man, and since I don't have a date I get to be the babysitter. Its a vicious circle, I can get the night off if I have a date, but its hard to get a date without having the night off.

i havent read much of this but what if you have a set day off, say every wednesday or something, and that will then, hopefully, be your date day

I would suggest you take one night to get out of the house whether you have a date or not.

i havent read much of this but what if you have a set day off, say every wednesday or something, and that will then, hopefully, be your date day

We are going to be trying that, although this past monday kind of flopped. She was too tired to do anything until a bit later (we were planning on a picnic supper and sunset viewing on the top of one of the local mountains, the little guy also likes picnics), so we settled for cuddling and a movie, which turned out to be bait and switch for watching the movie while she worked on a project. A little disappointing to say the least.

Back