Just realized

aussielover

Sunshinegrl and I were talking the other day....
We realized, besides our families, who will know shortly, all our friends that we care about know about our relationship. We're out to everyone we care about (again, besides some family members). We've only had one negitive responce and I'm CONVINCED it's completely jealousy based.
This woman has got an evil streak and tries to cause problems whenever she can. Years ago she had wanted to sleep with sunshinegrl, and she had said she couldn't as she was in love with me (I believe thats how it went back then my girl, if I'm wrong please correct me). This was before things were cut off, and she thought we were done and overwith, but now that I'm coming back and part of BOTH of their lives, sg & ab, she's pissed off and already started trying to cause problems.
lol luckily, one she tried to cause problems with is a good friend of mine and it backfired in her face.

Anyways, yeah so 99% good and accepting reactions. And the one who didn't, was never a good friend in the first place (sorry babe, but she wasn't).

So yay!!

just thought I'd share. :D

This is good to hear. I can only hope that all the friends I really care about will be as understanding. As for family, that will be a mixed bag...his family though will probably be mostly negative so we would hold off as long as possible for them.

That's great. And don't worry about this woman. There's always one.

Not worried about her, just problems she might cause in the future... but will deal with that if it comes.

As for the families... I think my parents are going to be a little shocked... but they'll get over it. WHEN they meet sg & ab and the kids, they're going to see how better off I am with them than my ex... how much they love me and how much better I'm treated... that's all they'll care about, that I'll be taken care of when they go. (I was an only child so no siblings to help).
I haven't met their families yet, so I can't say how they might react. I know sg's future sil was told and good with it. Don't know about the rest.

That was the way it went.:) I just told her no at the time. Didnt explain why. She figured it out later.

Families Will be interesting... Im Sure Its gonna be interesting. lol... AB and I both have fairly religious parents.

Yep I told My SIL to be( SIl as of this weekend). She was very receptive.

My outlook on telling ppl and their reactions when I "come out" to them... those that matter won't mind, and those that mind don't matter.

I'm glad you have gotten such a positive reaction from most everyone around you.

My outlook on telling ppl and their reactions when I "come out" to them... those that matter won't mind, and those that mind don't matter.

hehe Dr. Seuss if I'm not mistaken? Great quote though and it's true

I'm glad you have gotten such a positive reaction from most everyone around you.

Well, yeah. Most of our friends know we're poly and haven't batted an eye. Some few haven't pieced it together because they haven't seen us with anybody else and if they hear me talk about a hot date, either assume it's with Curly or that I'm telling tall tales.

My family's known that I'm non-monogamous for ages, though I think they engage in a good bit of denial. My extended family I don't worry about. Her extended family I also don't worry about, though she does a bit--she doesn't want to scare them, more than anything.

Back