Why do you use the online name that you use?

My name "oneofmany" comes from my childhood. I was adopted and was the one chosen from the many that my parents interviewed for. Later at the age of 21, I found my birth mother and she was describing my birth father and told me that I was one of his many - although there were only two of us placed for adoption.

One of my wives suggested my screen name, she said: you're old and poly and a man. I have a more well known screen name (last I googled up to 18 pages) since I've been writing extensively on topics I care about, but before we were out, my concern was to protect my family.:rolleyes:

The initials of my full name are: KDT

Taking the progamming convention of base-16 ... where 10=A, 11=B, 12=C ... thru 15=F ...

... and expanding that to base-36 numbers, where 16=G ... thru 35=Z ...

Then, KDT becomes a number ... and when that number is translated back into base-10, the all-numerical-digit result is 26,417 ...

And so, KDT = 26,417 ... and so, kdt26417 symbolizes my name in numbers ... and harks back to the old 8.3 filenames we use/d for backward compatibility.

While being neither programmer nor mathematician, I'm always interested in numbers and computers. And that's the whole story of my online name.

Regards,
Kevin T.

'Bromios' means "noisy, boistrous",and is one of the titles of Dionysus. I decided not to use my general internet ID because i'm not openly poly, and a reference to Dionysus, a boundry crossing and androgynous god who brings out our true selves from behind the masks of civilisation somehow seemed an apt choice of screen name.

Memo

Did not want to use any of the few in-game names I use when gaming.
It was going to be the shorter version but it was already taken.
So I went for the full word.

Memorandum

Atlantis would be one of the most exciting archeological finds of recent years. Settle the question was it ever real or purely fiction? It would be great to know.
I studied archeology at Uni before I changed my degree to something with more employment opportunities. But I still love the subject.

Muddy Waters (McKinley Morganfield) has been one of my favorite blues artists for over 40 years. It was a sad day for me when he passed on. His song "Got my Mojo Working" was one of my faves when I was a youngin, so as a tip of the hat to Muddy I use Mojoworkin as a handle here.

Cheers
m

Semienigma due to obuy showing a small part of myself to most, according to my friends anyway.

Semi= half or part
Enigma = mystery

My real name is Emerald and I'm 37 years old so Emmy37 was all I could come up with when I signed up here. I'm not real creative when it comes to online names.

It was suggested by a friend of mine when I was trying to think of screen names for another poly site lol.

It's a mix of the name that I go by and Kanye. That's a good thing for us--we were both very into rap music in school, initially for cultural reasons, but she ended up doing a lot of work as a music authority/blogger/promoter and became the go-to person for that, and then it became something of an intellectual interest for me. I've studied hip-hop and published research so we spent A LOT of time discussing hip-hop & rap...Kanye may be an asshole but he's is a damn good rapper....so there's that.

So, my friend suggested it, and I immediately fell apart in peels of laughter. It stuck.

Re kdt26417 ... I recently noticed something about the number 26417 that is totally a coincidence.

26417 can be divided into three parts: 26 4 17 like so.

Check out the 26 and the 17. 2 is slightly bigger than 1, and 6 is slightly smaller than 7. So there's a pattern going from 26 to 17.

Also, what's the average of 2 and 6? 2+6 = 8; 8/2 = 4.

Likewise, what's the average of 1 and 7? 1+7 = 8; 8/2 = 4.

So looking at 26 4 17 ... the average of all of those numbers is 4. 2+6+4+1+7 = 20; 20/5 = 4.

And there sits 4. Right in the middle. 26 4 17.

So when you see the 26417 in my username, it's all about the 4, baby! (Totally a coincidence.)

I know I know, I've obviously looked at my username one too many times. :)

Oh and it's official ... 26,417 is a prime number. :D

Pull the other one!

[...] While being neither programmer nor mathematician, [...]

Regards,
Kevin T.
Who are you kidding? Judging by this and your follow-up, how can you say that you're not a mathematician?
You might not be a PROFESSIONAL mathematician...

A hug from a fellow sufferer (;):):p)
MFFR

One of the coolest things I ever did was take three semesters of community college calculus -- just for the ugly fun of it. I did pretty well in that class too! Struggled a bit in the third semester, but I think I maintained like a B+ average or better for all three semesters.

Who knows ... I may once again take some college math classes ... someday ...

A few years ago I downloaded an edition of The Tempest on my Kindle. It ended up being a copy of one of the first editions printed, and I never forgot noise was spelled with a Y instead of an I.

Because after losing the longest standing romances of my life and realizing I needed to make some changes in how I handle respecting and loving myself; I find I am rising out of the ashes of my life, strengthened, like a phoenix.

I use Rhayven because, when I first went to a "dating" site, I wanted something that wasn't associated or easily connected to my usual online usernames.

It was something that just came to me, possibly as my other half is a big Poe fan.

Back