Breaking (up) News

Lol probably still act like a dick too :p

I'm sorry, i didn't quite catch that. Would you please mind explaining the meaning of it all? I'm perceiving some hostility but i want to be sure that is what it is before i go tattle-tale to Imaginary Illusion.

Thank you so much!

I'm sorry, i didn't quite catch that. Would you please mind explaining the meaning of it all? I'm perceiving some hostility but i want to be sure that is what it is before i go tattle-tale to Imaginary Illusion.

Thank you so much!

Just reading. I dig your posts a lot. You remind of House lol

Err teasing

Just reading. I dig your posts a lot. You remind of House lol

Err teasing

That's cool. :cool: i too was teasing. You can say "dick" as many times as you like in this thread.

Just a general advisory - the sky is NOT falling. This breakup took me by surprise, but my partner is taking it as well as can be expected. We are "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" types. It might take a week or so to get used to having Spouse there when i get home every night, but we love each other so it isn't a problem. It just feels weird. This is the first time i've been in a relationship with someone who started and stopped one with someone else the whole time we've been together. All my other non-monogamous relationships have over-lapped the get-togethers and break-ups, or didn't last long enough to notice.

That's cool. :cool: i too was teasing. You can say "dick" as many times as you like in this thread.

Just a general advisory - the sky is NOT falling. This breakup took me by surprise, but my partner is taking it as well as can be expected. We are "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" types. It might take a week or so to get used to having Spouse there when i get home every night, but we love each other so it isn't a problem. It just feels weird. This is the first time i've been in a relationship with someone who started and stopped one with someone else the whole time we've been together.

How is the adjustment to having more time together going?

DICK! (I kind of wanted to say 'cock' but wasn't sure about how that would fly) ... (you're thinking of flying 'cock' now... aren't you)

How is the adjustment to having more time together going?

DICK! (I kind of wanted to say 'cock' but wasn't sure about how that would fly) ... (you're thinking of flying 'cock' now... aren't you)

Grooovy. We still see each other as little as we did three days ago.

S is changing jobs over the next few weeks, so is preoccupied with that. We'll get a few days logged in during the first week of July, i expect. I'm at the camp site this weekend, again.

Soap Opera

It's been about a week since this "break-up" and i have learned a few things such that i will not be very happy if they get back together (which is a looming possibility now). I will accept it, but i will not give it my joyous approval. This is something i can't do anything about; i can't change the way the other person believes or reacts to their surroundings, no matter what i do that IS in my power to make it easier for them. I am trying to not act "controlling" while still making sure i say what i think.

I have found this forum very helpful when it comes to taking my own advice. I think i have observed (that is, i am not taking all available data into consideration) that most people who post here are looking for other people's answers. What i do is ask myself, "if i read my problem as a post by a stranger, with only this information to go by, what would *I* say to this person?" I use this method often and it works pretty well.

Right now things are still working themselves out, but when we have moved forward a bit, i'll probably update with more specifics.

I have found this forum very helpful when it comes to taking my own advice. I think i have observed (that is, i am not taking all available data into consideration) that most people who post here are looking for other people's answers. What i do is ask myself, "if i read my problem as a post by a stranger, with only this information to go by, what would *I* say to this person?"

I do this :). I've been in the middle of a fight, only to realize that I'm doing something that someone here got called to the carpet on. I stop think for a minute and shift gears, while my husbands standing there trying to figure out what just happened.

Sometimes when we are immersed in the pain, drama, heartache, etc. it's easy to either get bogged down by all the small details or get so overwhelmed by the whole thing that we can't see the details. It's easier for outsiders to get past these road blocks and start asking hard questions.

Sometimes when we are immersed in the pain, drama, heartache, etc. it's easy to either get bogged down by all the small details or get so overwhelmed by the whole thing that we can't see the details. It's easier for outsiders to get past these road blocks and start asking hard questions.

I agree that this is a thing.

However, i find myself at a place where i can imagine what other people (specific individuals AND people in general, or people on this forum in general, etc.) would say to me; and also at a place where i trust my own judgment enough that i don't feel the need to check it with others. When i do, i usually ask one of my closest friends, which includes my partner(s).

I am coming to the end of the train ride now so i don't have time to get into the "hard questions" part of it all. But i have some thoughts about that and perhaps will editorialize them in the near future.

Update (boring)

Friday evening Spouse and their ex had the final breakup talk. I don't know specific words that were said, but they are still on friendly terms and i just asked spouse "are you ok?"

While they were doing that, i was on my long holiday weekend at the camp resort and i met a new person and got a little freaky with them. Make that quite freaky. Not freaky in a creepy way but freaky in a way that is going to give me a use for these communication talents of mine that i have, lol.

You know how you have sex with someone and it's all good then afterward when you're typing to them you say something and think "gee maybe that didn't sound the way i meant it, so you write another one and another one to explain the last one? It was like that. But Spouse was pretty happy for me & i think it turns them on that people find me attractive in their absence or whatever, lol.

Sounds like things are going reasonably well; glad to hear it.

Good for you, BG! Glad you had fun.

miss p and Ginger both get turned on when others take an interest in me as well. I am glad Spouse is happy for you despite their own breakup. I wish them well.

Good for you, BG! Glad you had fun.

miss p and Ginger both get turned on when others take an interest in me as well. I am glad Spouse is happy for you despite their own breakup. I wish them well.

Well you know, with their other relationship off now, they are no longer restricted from doing things with other people again. You may recall that while our relationship is "open", the other partner didn't want them seeing anyone else. I told them they can now go ahead and join the oarjeez with me, if they are into it, lol.

Well you know, with their other relationship off now, they are no longer restricted from doing things with other people again. You may recall that while our relationship is "open", the other partner didn't want them seeing anyone else. I told them they can now go ahead and join the oarjeez with me, if they are into it, lol.

No, I did not recall Spouse's OSO forbade them from seeing others!

So, next weekend, camping and oarjeez a plenty then? Spouse along for the fun?

No, I did not recall Spouse's OSO forbade them from seeing others!

So, next weekend, camping and oarjeez a plenty then? Spouse along for the fun?

Perhaps i have only mentioned the "closed" end of the other relationship in private messages, but i guess i assumed i'd said it to you at some point. Yes; although i wouldn't use the word "forbade" because it's harsh and angry-sounding and i only allow my favorite fairy godmother to fart the word "forbade" out of her ass on one of my threads, and you ain't her. No judgment; just, you ain't. Are you?

What was i just saying before that? Ok - the way i would put it is, S really didn't have time or interest in a third relationship, but if they HAD, the OSO would not have been okay with that. Also, i don't think S wants to HAVE oarjeesecks, although people change. If i could get interested in buttsecks, S could certainly get interested in oarjeesecks... I just think the chances of that happening soon are a little on the low end of the probability spectrum. Since we're discussing this already, i should prob'ly make it known that the person i met this weekend was not into HAVING oarjeesecks either - but there was lots of debauchery going on around us. If you really wanna hear a funny story, i'll PM it to you. It's two funny stories actually; they are related to each other but both stand in their own too. I don't want to talk about them in the public threads because even with the name change there are specifics that i don't want anyone to recognize, which if i were to use the ambiguous pronouns, etc., would be cumbersome and sound ridiculous. I'll type those up when i'm on the real keyboard.

This weekend, roller derby game. After that, to the oarjee location, but it won't be as good because it's not the holiday weekend & there will be no live band, only the shitty pr0n type dance muzak the owner plays. It seems to work on other people but i told him if he wants me to dance he'd better play something i can sing to. He knows i mean it because one afternoon i was making sandwiches in the clubhouse and bohemian rhapsody came on (it's that satellite radio thing and they have classic/soft rock during the day, sinatra et al for dinner, classical or smooth jazz for breakfast, and crappy stupid pr0n dance mixes for the oarjeez. Although ONCE, there was a fast cover version of the song about the cake being left in the rain. It was a medley, but they sang about that cake, and i could get into it if they played more numbers like that one), and he walked in just as it was getting to the part about wishing he'd never been born at all. I was MORTIFIED, i tell you. MORTIFIED.

I can't even begin to tell you how many things i almost just wrote but decided it probably wouldn't be a good idea... 12 hours and all that.

Aww Boring Guy..we luv you

See what i mean? I could get more action than the popular kids do if i wanted it. Why do you all think i have so work so hard at being un-charming? Don't answer that - allow me: the reason is because there is only one of me and if everyone knew how fabulous i really am, i'd never have the chance to masturbate or shop for groceries to eat. I'd be checking my calendar every two seconds and spending too much money having takeout food delivered to my home. It sounds like first-world problems but believe me, that is no way to live.

Carry on carry on, nothing really matters.

Sure PM me. I'm down with a bad cold and could use the entertainment.

No, I'm not your fucking fairy godmother.

Carry on carry on, nothing really matters.

Sure PM me. I'm down with a bad cold and could use the entertainment.

No, I'm not your fucking fairy godmother.

In that case I could just send you some sudafed and a get-well card.

Stand by, Major Tom.

Last edited:
Me too, Me too - I want funny stories!:D

(If they trigger a memory, I'll share mine...:p)

Don't have much experience with oarjees myself...don't you need more than four for that?

JaneQ

Me too, Me too - I want funny stories!:D

(If they trigger a memory, I'll share mine...:p)

Don't have much experience with oarjees myself...don't you need more than four for that?

JaneQ

OK, once I'm done with Mags' I'll copypasta one for you. But be careful what you wish for...

Back