BDsm

And how does the answer to that question have any bearing on whether BDSM can ever be therapeutic?

The motivation behind that post in my opinion was to take the most extreme example of BDSM going wrong (parents in kinky relationship, submissive mother seemingly"ordered" to help her partner abuse her son) and use it to somehow a) condemn BDSM and b) refute that BDSM can ever be therapeutic.

Whatever his motivation, I think it's a fair question to ask: if people are using BDSM as therapy, then from what kind of abuse? Do victims of sexual abuse use BDSM as therapy to recover from sexual abuse? From childhood sexual abuse specifically? This is just looking at it from the other end, seeing the abuse first and the potential for this boy to use BDSM as therapy in later years.

Why talk about BDSM as therapy from one end of a person's life (the therapy end), but object to talking about it from the other (the initial abuse end)?

Well, personally, BDSM has taught me that giving up control doesn't mean that you will be abused. It's taught me to trust.

Why talk about BDSM as therapy from one end of a person's life (the therapy end), but object to talking about it from the other (the initial abuse end)?

Because BDSM and sexual abuse/paedophilia have no correlation

Feeling so lost. Being a sub who can't be with her dom leaves such an empty feeling. I need to serve him.

What would be your motivation for posting that in this thread other than to provoke an emotive reaction during a discussion?

Dinged has had a bad experience with his wife being in a BDSM relationship, and their daughter reading some stuff her mom left open on her computer. He's bitter, still! All his posts are bitter, tinged by this brush with poly/BDSM.

Whatever his motivation, I think it's a fair question to ask: if people are using BDSM as therapy, then from what kind of abuse? Do victims of sexual abuse use BDSM as therapy to recover from sexual abuse? From childhood sexual abuse specifically?

Yes. My gf's ex and she used to roleplay Daddy/daughter back when my gf was still presenting as male. It was her gf's idea to play this. However, she was finally triggered to uncover some deeply buried memories of being abused by her father, and then she sought help through meds and therapy. So, BDSM play and traditional therapy can work together. I am not proposing one is superior to another.

Dinged has had a bad experience with his wife being in a BDSM relationship, and their daughter reading some stuff her mom left open on her computer. He's bitter, still! All his posts are bitter, tinged by this brush with poly/BDSM.
Oh, shucks.

London
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
Oh, shucks.
YES.... yes .....it was a big expensive ah shucks ... ...gosh darn it. Hope you dont have kids ...and if you do I sincere hope they dont see/ read the same kinds of things my kid did.

Originally Posted by dingedheart View Post
I stumbled upon this a few days ago ...http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...my-prison.html

When this kid grows up do you think this could be therapy for him ?
What would be your motivation for posting that in this thread other than to provoke an emotive reaction during a discussion? Some people abused their kid. They had a kinky relationship. So? Plenty of other women have been complicit in their child's abuse in the absence of a kink based relationship. It has absolutely no bearing on the discussion at all.

My motivation. Ever read something and it made you wonder. After reading the article it Made me think how did the parents get involved in master/slave relationship? The irony if they were executing some sort of self therapy from past abuse . Ive heard that it is cyclical. So in 15 yrs we might be looking at therapy from the therapy. And what roll do you think will be more therapeutic ? Tied down and blindfolded...or the Master ?

After having BDSM crash into my life (family ) it has been alleged (now) that my wife was molested/raped as a young girl by one or more of her mom's "Bf's ". Professionals associated with case say that a cross wiring occurred at that time making such activities attractive. My wife has yet to claim she was consciously using it as a therapy for past abuse. And I wonder if they are trying to incorporating it now as part of a treatment plan.

I've been told (not by her so I tend to believe ) that she has reoccurring nightmares of being blindfolded and ordered to do all the humiliating stuff that she and her bf wrote about ...photographed/videoed ...and at the end of the secession she takes off the blindfold and our kids....her dead father ... brothers .(dead and alive ) ..sisters are there watching.

From the context of other remarks I think the person telling me was trying to illustrate how torture her sleep cycle had become. My thought was nightmare ...or a bigger humiliating fantasy ? And if it truly is a nightmare what kind "kink " therapy ....would help.

Another question the rolls around in my head ... are my kids going to seek this kind of therapy.

Last year I got called into the high school because of my daughter reaction to English class program on rape and date rape ....They thought she was raped ....they knew something was very wrong ...and I got blindsided again.

And how does the answer to that question have any bearing on whether BDSM can ever be therapeutic?

I didn't know the discussion was about "ever" So this is like the seat belt stories ....if I'd been wearing my seat belt I'd be dead ?

What is the basis for this statement ? Are you saying as a cause ?....I would agree. But clearly there are plenty of people that have past abuse issues to make a correlation.

I think it's a fact abuse happens with in .... ..http://www.leathernroses.com/abuse/katsilksleftpolice.htm

Mags :
He's bitter, still! All his posts are bitter, tinged by this brush with poly/BDSM.

Thank you for your kind critique ....and insulting attack. Aren't there rules on attacking members ?
All my posts ..... wow that seems a bit unfair .... are still thinking about that mothers day gift thing :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatHappened View Post
Whatever his motivation, I think it's a fair question to ask: if people are using BDSM as therapy, then from what kind of abuse? Do victims of sexual abuse use BDSM as therapy to recover from sexual abuse? From childhood sexual abuse specifically?
Yes. My gf's ex and she used to roleplay Daddy/daughter back when my gf was still presenting as male. It was her gf's idea to play this. However, she was finally triggered to uncover some deeply buried memories of being abused by her father, and then she sought help through meds and therapy. So, BDSM play and traditional therapy can work together. I am not proposing one is superior to another.

So he/she didnt use it as therapy ....but accidental discovered it.

see above ^

simulating incest .....being totally controlled and fucked by " mommy " or "daddy " ... being a father ...having been called daddy ..now dad I dont get it....I find it creepy. :eek: But thats just me ...to each their own
I guess the age differences in the play partners might make a difference. Mags what is the age difference between you and miss pixie?

Last edited:
My motivation. Ever read something and it made you wonder. After reading the article it Made me think how did the parents got involved in master/slave relationship? The irony if they were executing some sort of self therapy from past abuse . Ive heard that it is cyclical. So in 15 yrs we might be looking at therapy from the therapy. And what roll do you think will be more therapeutic ? Tied down and blindfolded...or the Master ?

Wait, wait, wait, abusing your kid isn't BDSM. Ever. So these people weren't using BDSM as therapy and then accidentally abused their kid during one of their sessions. These were two paedophiles (Yes, women can be paedophiles! Imagine that!) who were abusing a child. Yes, they may have got off on the fact that he was "ordering" her to do it, and that she, as his submissive, was willing to do anything for him, but ultimately to carry something like that out, especially when the person is locked up and you don't have to engage with them at all, she must have been into it too. This wasn't kink gone wrong, this was two paedophiles exercising their pathological fetishes.

Thank you for your kind critique ....and insulting attack. Aren't there rules on attacking members ?

OK. I didn't attack you. I commented on the flavor of your posts, not your character. I overstated by saying "all his posts," and I am sorry. I'd amend that to say "many" or "most."

So he/she didnt use it as therapy ....but accidental discovered it.

Well, you could say that. Using BDSM as therapy, you wouldn't say to your partner "Time for therapy, darling!" You just start playing and the result is, or can be, therapeutic. Just like in vanilla fucking, you don't necessarily go into it thinking, "I need stress relief," but one of the results of sex is stress relief. You might become conscious over time that sM, sex, exercise like running or racketball are stress relievers, but there are other reasons to enjoy these activities, of course. Like, they are fun.

simulating incest .....being totally controlled and fucked by " mommy " or "daddy " ... being a father ...having been called daddy ..now dad I dont get it....I find it creepy. :eek: But thats just me ...to each their own

To each their own indeed. You're vanilla, you got weirded out and hurt by the repurcussions of your wife's BDSM, so you come here to this thread with practitioners of BDSM to bash it and express your views. I guess you find this... therapeutic? Are you two still married? Have you had much talking therapy to heal from this?

I guess the age differences in the play partners might make a difference.

No, the age differences don't matter. Baby girls can have Daddies younger than them. Old sissies can have young Mistresses/Mamas. People have imaginations.

Mags what is the age difference between you and miss pixie?

I am 22 years older than miss pixi, but we don't do ageplay, so I don't see the relevance. I have ageplayed some, back in 2009-10 with one guy. I was his mama and he, though being a few years older than me, played my younger daughter. He was into a bit of cross dressing and very subbie.

Well, you could say that. Using BDSM as therapy, you wouldn't say to your partner "Time for therapy, darling!" You just start playing and the result is, or can be, therapeutic. Just like in vanilla fucking, you don't necessarily go into it thinking, "I need stress relief," but one of the results of sex is stress relief. You might become conscious over time that sM, sex, exercise like running or racketball are stress relievers, but there are other reasons to enjoy these activities, of course. Like, they are fun.

That's about the viewpoint I'd take on it. Maybe it has a side effect of being therapeutic, maybe it helps you to let your guard down and to practice being vulnerable if you're scared of being close to people due to past baggage, maybe it helps make you feel connected and bonded to a partner that you don't get to see as often as you'd like - lots of potential benefits to consensual BDSM from what I've seen on top of the "fun" aspect.

London
My motivation. Ever read something and it made you wonder. After reading the article it Made me think how did the parents got involved in master/slave relationship? The irony if they were executing some sort of self therapy from past abuse . Ive heard that it is cyclical. So in 15 yrs we might be looking at therapy from the therapy. And what roll do you think will be more therapeutic ? Tied down and blindfolded...or the Master ?
Wait, wait, wait, abusing your kid isn't BDSM. Ever. So these people weren't using BDSM as therapy and then accidentally abused their kid during one of their sessions.
I did say in the previous post that I agreed that BDSM is not a cause of child abuse. Go back and check.

How do you know how or why they got into BDSM? It might have started years before they had the kid ? ?? They didnt accidentally abuse their kid...they planned it . And according to the article it was more than once .

Coming back to "The question" and current topic was: will the kid grow up to practice BDSM as therapy?
A boy raped by parents, grows up to want to be beaten and raped. Is that really good? Do partners really want to be part of beating and raping the adult that boy will become and calling it 'therapy' for him? How do they feel about bdsm as therapy when they see the whole of a person's life, from the time he was a child being raped? Does it still seem like a good idea to rape and beat him as an adult?

According to CG the list of banned topic on fetlife are ; "Scat is now against the TOU of Fet (used to not be so there are older mentions in places). Basically scat, bestiality, incest, and anything underage is not allowed on Fet."

Why is that ?

And isn't everyones kink individual to them ?

These were two paedophiles (Yes, women can be paedophiles! Imagine that!) who were abusing a child. Yes, they may have got off on the fact that he was "ordering" her to do it, and that she, as his submissive, was willing to do anything for him, but ultimately to carry something like that out, especially when the person is locked up and you don't have to engage with them at all, she must have been into it too. This wasn't kink gone wrong, this was two paedophiles exercising their pathological fetishes.

and again.... unless you inside knowledge or read a more in depth interview with the parents there no way of knowing which came first or how this unfolded or who was the pedophile and who was the slave acting under the fear of punishment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingedheart View Post
OK. I didn't attack you. I commented on the flavor of your posts, not your character. I overstated by saying "all his posts," and I am sorry. I'd amend that to say "many" or "most."
"He's bitter, still! " ...sounds like character ...

And your point was to dismiss ?

I think a person consciously selecting BDSM as some sort of self therapy has a fool for a patient. Walk into a rape crisis center and float that idea .... "show of hands who thinks a violent gang rape this is a good idea.....(simulated consensual gang rape )....anyone ...anyone "

To each their own indeed. You're vanilla, you got weirded out and hurt by the repurcussions of your wife's BDSM, so you come here to this thread with practitioners of BDSM to bash it and express your views. I guess you find this... therapeutic? Are you two still married? Have you had much talking therapy to heal from this?
You don't know what I am. Vanilla or otherwise . Nice little summary ......a little simple ...again your point ? to be dismissive or switch the focus onto me and my past...or both.

Bash ?...I asked a question ....... I disagree with treating a rape victim with a violent gang rape .

What was so offensive in the view I expressed ? It's very simliar to opal's

Yes I'm completely healed ... ...don't need to post on this thread as therapy .... but thanks for asking.

Do partners really want to be part of beating and raping the adult that boy will become and calling it 'therapy' for him? How do they feel about bdsm as therapy when they see the whole of a person's life, from the time he was a child being raped? Does it still seem like a good idea to rape and beat him as an adult?

If BDSM of any kinds is the choice of any adult, no matter their background, --their choice, idea, and turn on, it is consensual, and practiced in a safe sane way-- I don't have a problem with it. It's a form of role playing. It's not "real" rape. Or kidnapping, or interrogation, or nurse/patient, or boss/secretary or age play or whatever! It's a game, it's fun, it feels good, it can be empowering and very loving. Sorry you just can't wrap your mind around that.

I think a person consciously selecting BDSM as some sort of self therapy has a fool for a patient.

You're entitled to your opinion. But again, why feel compelled to come here and bash it to people who practice it? Are you calling us all fools? Or are we only fools if we receive therapeutic benefit, but non-fools if we do it just for fun?

Bash ?...I asked a question ....... I disagree with treating a rape victim with a violent gang rape .

Again, if you can't see the difference between real rape and playtime rape fantasies or any other role playing game, I can't help you.

Yes I'm completely healed

You don't come across that way. At all.

Last edited:
unless you inside knowledge or read a more in depth interview with the parents there no way of knowing which came first or how this unfolded or who was the pedophile and who was the slave acting under the fear of punishment.

The guy was locked up. She took her son there, of her own free will, to be abused by someone who would have otherwise had no access to them. On a wider note, research into female paedophiles shows that the minority of convicted offenders acted out of fear - more carried out the abuse to keep their romantic relationship with the abuser (turned a blind eye) or for their own sexual gratification.

I did say in the previous post that I agreed that BDSM is not a cause of child abuse. Go back and check.

How do you know how or why they got into BDSM? It might have started years before they had the kid ? ?? They didnt accidentally abuse their kid...they planned it . And according to the article it was more than once .

It is irrelevant when they got into BDSM because child abuse has no place in BDSM. They were not practicing BDSM when they abused that child because BDSM involves consent, like polyamory does. A child of that age cannot consent to sexual activity. Again, it was two paedophiles expressing their pathological fetishes. That's it.

Why is that ?
I'm not sure on the scat. From what I understand it has something to do with Canadian law. As far in bestiality, pedophilia, and incest (because it is true in most cases) those are not allowed because of the fact that they are done in a lack of consent aspect. Talking about roleplay as family, animals, or age play is allowed just no talk of the actual thing.

Even in the kink world (and even with the belief system of your kink is not my kink but your kink is okay) consent is a needed part of it. If there isn't consent than you are dealing with abuse, assault, and rape. And those aren't kinks, those are crimes.

I read the first book of the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy because I found it in a thrift store for a buck. It was just as bad as I expected.

Here is a HILARIOUS review of that book. Even if you haven't read it, only heard about it, this is good for a giggle.

http://badhostess.com/fiftyshades/

Reading that review makes me glad I've never even touched a copy of the 50 shades debacle.

Loved the review. Kotex-play :D I decided I have a hard limit on that one.

Dare I admit to having reading them?
I had jet lag, my sis-in-law had them, nothing else to read at 3am. :eek:

Somebody wants clicks and is reviving old threads. Not the forum etiquette I prefer ...

Back