Why do you use the online name that you use?

I use black jester for a few reasons, first being my sense of humor, second being that I used to use lord and demon a lot for screen names, then I watched the dark knight. XD I'm not the bad guy, but I'm not the best either, and even the strangest of minds can have its own code.

I'm a movie geek and my screen name is my Jedi name.

first three letters of your last name, first two letter of your first name, first two letters of your mother's maiden name, first three letters of the city/town you were born in.

I have a couple different handles I tend to use, generally picked because they were interesting and plain enough to blend in across a wide strata of different sites.

This particular one I just picked at random because I liked how it sounded verbally. That and it meets the criteria of being interesting yet plain enough to blend in.

Tang is my usual screen name , I use it because when I drink tang it gives a little zing. I'd like to believe I give a little zing to the people in my life. :cool:

Mine is rather simple realy. It started out with an MMORPG called wow, as a sort of funny discription, Maximum Bullshite, but it sumhow just grew on me and has been my tag in every thing I do.

first three letters of your last name, first two letter of your first name, first two letters of your mother's maiden name, first three letters of the city/town you were born in.

Lessee... mine would be... pretty cool, actually. But I won't reveal it to stay anonymous. LOL.

I use "HereticHousewife" because I'm a housewife, but deviate significantly from the norm when it comes to what most people think when they think about what a houseweife is all about.

Ohh... I like this thread!

I watched a video when I was in my early twenties that is miraculously still on YouTube. It's absolute crap. But I thought the song Sparklepop was funny and have used it on various parts of the internet ever since! It reminds me of a sweet time in my life and of how much I have grown up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X00mQxrwYeo

I'm really big into anime. One of my favorites is called Fruits Basket. The main character is a girl named Honda Tohru. She's just a very kind hearted, hard working character who lives in a house with two of her high school friends and their cousin. It has a lot of sad, emotional parts in it, but I just love Tohru's character, so hence the username.

I'm really big into anime. One of my favorites is called Fruits Basket. The main character is a girl named Honda Tohru. She's just a very kind hearted, hard working character who lives in a house with two of her high school friends and their cousin. It has a lot of sad, emotional parts in it, but I just love Tohru's character, so hence the username.

I LOVE Tohru! She is one of my absolute favourite anime characters!

ME TOO!

When I was 14, Tohru was my idol.
Whenever I felt down I had a 'make me happy' routine.
I would put on a poncho, grab a juicy apple and watch Fruits Basket for hours on end.
That anime got me through a lot of bad times.

I use Josie all over the place as a username. It's my alias. Sometimes I use my mother's maiden name as well.

Josie is my middle name and I've always really liked it.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind if people just started calling me Josie in real life.

Although, it was originally a toss up between Josie and MoJo (My mum used to call me MoJo and sing the lyrics 'Mojo in the mooooorning!' really loud in the car on the way to school. It always makes me smile when I remember.

I was thinking about hyenas...? I like hyenas okay. Nice patterns. Kinda scary.

I used to use 'Bone Mother' as a user name (it's the nickname for Baba Yaga, the witch from Russian folklore), but then I realized that it was a rather odd name to use on any kink/poly site. Not trying to give that impression.

I wanted it to be different than my others

I normally use one of two names online, and for my semi-anonymous political blogs I use a third. I wanted this to be absolutely disconnected, and sat down to figure out how exactly I felt.

The name, while not as creative as I'd have wished for, combined with the profile picture, give a pretty clear idea of how I feel a month or so into this journey. I'm new to flirting, dating, girls, non-monogamy, these kind of deeply introspective discussions...

But I'm coming at them with eyes open, so I guess that's a plus?

Its a literary reference, from Heinlein's novel "Friday". She's a kick-ass spy that starts out in an unhappy group marriage and ends up in a happy group marriage at the end of the novel. I used it as a gamer profile account for Facebook, which I now use when I want to post about things that might be socio-politically sensitive since I ran out of time to game, but then figured it fit even better here. :rolleyes:

Its a literary reference, from Heinlein's novel "Friday". She's a kick-ass spy that starts out in an unhappy group marriage and ends up in a happy group marriage at the end of the novel. I used it as a gamer profile account for Facebook, which I now use when I want to post about things that might be socio-politically sensitive since I ran out of time to game, but then figured it fit even better here. :rolleyes:

Woo-hoo! Another Heinlein fan (my other, non-poly,internet nom-de-plumes include a Heinlein reference - so I broke the trend here for anonymity, where it would have been even more appropriate).

JaneQ

PS. Jane is the name of the "computer-person" in Orson Scott Card's Ender Series that Ender's wife feels he is as much "married to" as she is...so it may have been more appropriate that I had originally planned...

Phlox is Greek for flame or light. In flower language, it means good partnership, harmony, unanimity,compatibility, unity of souls, etc.

Back