Australia/Melbourne

aurora

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if there are any more experienced poly's in south east melbourne who want to show a newbie the ropes of being a poly and how to make it work? :)

Looking for anyone who wants to help a newbie to this world explore herself and her sexuality, girls or boys, message me to talk more. ;)

Happy with just a conversation, chat or maybe more....? :rolleyes:

Aurora

well hi to all.
Dave here from perth. Id love to share what I've been living for over twenty years. I love who I am when I'm true to myself.
Dave

Poly in Australia

If you are looking for a group in Australia which covers all areas go to polyoz.net.au & they should be able to assist.

HEy there, I'm new to this site but have been poly for a few years now, just got out of a 4+ year poly relationship. Willing to get in touch with anyone who wants some more info.

R

i've been there a lot

I've been there a lot. I didn't find many groups, so sorry I can't help.
Did you ever find a group?

I haven't found any groups yet, but haven't looked too hard either (got enough on my plate with my own complicated relationship).

Still, I thought I'd say hello anyway. It's nice to have a conversation with people based in MELBOURNE (oi oi oi).

Keep us posted with some of your experiences/adventures if you find some people to have them with (I'm sure you will).

... and he swung his stockwhip 'round and gave a cheer...

I'd be happy to share some of my experiences, for what they're worth. I get the impression that every polyamorist/open relationship experience is unique, and some people's experiences are widely divergent from those of other people.

Our marriage has only been open for a few months, so I only have limited experience of that. Still, I have many years' experience at using emotional intelligence and communication to resolve relationship issues, and these last few months have been so emotionally intense that it feels like we've been doing it for much longer. When it's good it's unbelievably fun, sexy, and strangely emotionally nourishing, when it's bad it's f*cked, but I'm willing to ride that wild brumby like a torrent down its bed, 'cause I like a bit of intensity in life. That's when I feel like I'm living life with my whole being. That's what I'll be remembering on my death bed with a secret smile (if I haven't lost my marbles, in which case I'll be telling my grandkids all about threesomes...).

Hi .
Myself and my wife have been living this kind if relationship for 10 years now, it works for us and keeps the spark in our relationship. We are in Melbourne to in the west, email me on [email protected]
Steve x

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if there are any more experienced poly's in south east melbourne who want to show a newbie the ropes of being a poly and how to make it work? :)

Looking for anyone who wants to help a newbie to this world explore herself and her sexuality, girls or boys, message me to talk more. ;)

Happy with just a conversation, chat or maybe more....? :rolleyes:

Aurora

I believe PolyVic in Melbourne is still going. They have a once per month discussion group and monthly social get-together.

Simone

Melbourne/Vic Doco Maker - seeking advice!

I'm researching for my own, independent documentary - aimed at an Australian ABC2 audience. I'm wanting to speak to people to deepen my own understanding of how various alternative/non-monogamous relationships work. I think this is a story worth telling to build on the limited mainstream dialogue about non-traditional relationships.

This is a non-commercial project, stemming from my own uncertainty and confusion about monogamy (despite being in a happy monogamous relationship.) I feel that despite many positive social changes that impact marriage and relationships (increasing secularism as well as gradual progress in gender equality/shared parenting), mainstream attitudes towards marriage have lagged. On the whole, as a society and in our own personal relationships we still expect potentially unrealistic things of ourselves and our partners.

I know many people who are in loving relationships but continue to develop feelings for other people. I know many others who cheat and more still who bury it all and live their life feeling like they're missing something. I'm not saying that monogamy doesn't work - my parents are still together in the 100% dream monogamous relationship - I'm just questioning how honest we're being with ourselves when we enter in to these relationships. I think it's important to recognise and talk about the fact that monogamy is not easy and is in fact a conscious choice that takes work. How much pain, angst and guilt could be spared if we could find a different way to talk about, think about and function in our relationships?

I want this documentary to get people talking about these issues. This is a documentary that is in part about sexuality (because that's important), but is more about relationships and the way we view them as individuals and as a society.

I'd love to hear from you if you are:
* monogamous but curious about other types of relationships
* trying to be monogamous but struggling with infidelity * in a poly/non-traditional/non-mono relationship
* as confused about the whole situation as me

To give you a better idea of the trajectory of the documentary, I also plan to speak to: Sociologists, Anthropologists, writers, sex/relationship experts... anyone else who can shed some light on the origins of our sexuality, modern relationships and where we might be headed.

Please get in touch if you want to chat to me more about the project, or if you have any advice/ideas for me. I'd love to come to a local meetup, but would prefer to meet some people here first as I don't want to intrude.

replying to your post Aurora

hi there my wife and are Looking for a third and we are located out that way we would love to chat and get to know you.

regards Jim And Aimee

Any Luck??

hi there my wife and are Looking for a third and we are located out that way we would love to chat and get to know you.

regards Jim And Aimee

Jim and Aimee,

Any luck? This website seems to be dead. My girlfriend and I are interesting on finding a third person for a closed poly relationship, but it seems harder than I thought.

We've been poly for a decade, but not actively looking for partners, more just being open to loving people we would meet anyway.

I'm not Melbourne based but get there a bit so happy to meet if useful. My experience is that having even 1 or 2 people stand by you (friends or the 'good' relatives') can make a big differences to successfully embarking.

Australia Melbourne in 2018

I'm in an open relationship where my wife suggested it after she had medical complications and so she's not actually interested in meeting anyone. Whereas I am, I'm wondering where to meet people other than on Ashley Madison. Hope that last comment hasn't opened up a can of worms.

But what I've found is that if you go onto dating sites, being in an open relationship sure seems like a taboo subject. Not that I care about that, but I certainly would love to meet others who are open to being open! :)

Back