Sex!

redpepper

okay, no one mentions this topic and I have some questions....

1. Does anyone prefer certain things with certain partners?
2. Does anyone have more sex with one partner over another?
3. Does anyone in a "V" have threesomes with their partners?

I will be honest here, there are just certain things that I can do with my female partner that I can't with my husband (I'm sure you can understand why ;)) just as there are things I can do with him I cant do with her...I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's just the mechanics coming into action here :D but hey, you never know?! As for threesomes in the "V", when my husband and I were in our relationship with our love we usually all three were together and most of our sex was in the form of a threesome but that is how we all liked it and to be honest about it we had a lot of fun trying to find new and exciting ways to keep things interesting. But I will say that we did have our times when there was only 2 of us because we all knew that we wanted and yes, needed our one on one time with each other. I knew that he needed his time with her just as he knew I needed my time with her as well and she knew the 2 of us needed our time alone. But we did prefer our all together time!!!

Currently, it's just the two of us, but I'll answer on our most recent V

Yes. Everyone has their strengths in the bedroom. My husband is not a kissy-cuddly sort of guy, my OSO was very much so. He and I could spend ages just cuddling and kissing, which is something that is very rare with my hubby.

In our set up, hubby and I did have more sex than I had with OSO... it was purely logistics. OSO preferred to maintain a seperate household, and had other commitments outside of our V, so he wasn't around as much as my hubby is.

Yes. Our V would occasionally have threesomes instead of one on one encounters. It worked for us.

Here's my question: Does any one have a "cooling off" period between sex with different partners? This question was put forward to me by a mono friend that I recently told. She was confused that I couldn't share a glass with someone and kind of considers our "V" to be the ultimate form of "double dipping".

I have no problems with when or how often Redpeper and her husband have sex.

"double dipping" explained:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWuSi00CcNk

============

My tendency is (or would be, since I'm presently only invoved with my one partner, Kevin) to choose only to have sexual intimacy with a person who I know to only choose partners who are properly cautious about germs and viruses, etc. My tendency is equally to choose partners who don't take sexuality as a triviality or casual plaything which doesn't include the emotional and spiritual aspect of our beings. Germs don't have to be present to turn me off! I'm turned of by "double dipping" into spiritually ungrounded sexuality. That is, sex without deep heart connecting.

Last edited:
The youtube link takes you to the Seinfeld episode where the "double dipping" debate occurs.

Double Dip Me Babe

http://mythbustersresults.com/episode-117-banana-slip-double-dip

The act of double dipping is the equivalent of putting the microbes in your mouth into the dip as if all of the dip were put in your mouth.

busted

In their experiment, the MythBusters used chips with regular dip and salsa. In the control test, they put the untouched dip and salsa into petri dishes, and followed with double dipped dip and salsa, and finally dip and salsa that had been put in Adam and Jamie’s mouths. However, when they examined their results, they found that the dip and salsa were already loaded with microbes. For a more accurate experiment, the MythBusters were forced to sterilize all their testing materials with radiation and create a sterile environment. Examining the results, the MythBusters found that double dipping produced less microbes than putting all the dip in your mouth. Also, the amount of microbes present after double dipping was negligible compared to the amount found in regular dip.

(This myth was inspired by the television comedy Seinfeld.)

Goddess now if I could just get someone or someone's to just double dip me I'd be in Heaven.....

Just Me,
Tim

What the "double dipping" experiment showed was that there's a drastic difference in bacteria transfer levels between "double dipping" with chips or crackers and actually spitting dip into a shared batch with your mouth. Those results are highly predictable, if you ask me! But it doesn't mean that double dipping is a proper (or even particuarly safe) thing to do at a party.

Here at home, when I have no guests for dinner, I'll go ahead and lick the spoon I stir a pot of food with, and double dip to my heart's content -- with my partner, Kevin. Kevin & I will "french" eachother, after all!

I just have to remain conscious, and not forget to forgo these habits when there will be dinner guests! So far, I seem to be successful.

Here at home, when I have no guests for dinner, I'll go ahead and lick the spoon I stir a pot of food with, and double dip to my heart's content -- with my partner, Kevin. Kevin & I will "french" eachother, after all!

I just have to remain conscious, and not forget to forgo these habits when there will be dinner guests! So far, I seem to be successful.

I'm classy enough to wipe the lipstick off the milk bottle; and I don't even wear lipstick!

Aha! So that hubby of yours is wearing lipstick! Well, whatever tickles his fancy; it's no business of mine.

I can only answer for the one V I've had. Time and experience may change things.

1-Yes. But N is a man and P was a woman, so most of that's just logical. Though P was much more cuddly and N could sometimes be more aggressive depending on my current mood and preference.

2-N and I had more sex. P lived separately and also had her own male partner. But when she and I were together things were very steamy.

3-The closest we ever came to a threesome was the two of them stripping me down and teasing me until I was near tears. Neither of them was naked nor touched eachother nor was there any sex (oral or otherwise). I don't know that I could do the threesome thing, though it is a fantasy. But the fantasy of sharing my husband with another woman and the reality is a whole other deal. He knows he could never share me physically with another man and we respect eachother on that front. However, with P, we were considering the idea of a triad. I don't know that it could happen, but it would have to be the absolutely right woman for me to consider it.

Mono-As far as a cool down period, P lived separately and I was over her house whenever we had sex. I came home showered the next day. But kissing, touching, holding, etc. happened pretty much when it happened, if we were all together or not. So there usually wasn't a cool down between that. They liked it that way as they were good friends and loved to make me crazy. Good old days. *sigh* Sad now. :(

Therein lies the importance of me being in a closed triad or quad. Love that bacteria.
:p

Barry

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who co-habitate but don't sleep in the same bed, what do you do about noise? I have serious issues about changing how I have sex because I am worried about noise?

I was actually thinking of the threesome thing as sharing one woman, as that is what it is for me, but I have had other threesomes where everyone is bi and we have all shared, as is the case with my other lover, who I had better name at some point..... just don't know what to call him.... "fancy" HA! he would love that.

I guess I wondered if it was a regular occurrence for "V's" or not....

yes the noise question... anyone? anyone? a big one for us. Although Mono loves that his neighbors here at his place, he is not so keen on my husband hearing if and when we were to move in together.... what to do? any stories?

Again with the double dipping! I love how we get on these tangents sometimes...

Back