New from Western Canada

fullofdumplins

Hello! 26 year old female in an open relationship (dating for 7 years and open for 13 months). I've been reading these forums for quite some time, as I have received a lot of insight from the poly community about communication and jealousy issues so I thought to finally join (as well as put up my first post~!).

Though I believe that deep down I am poly, due to certain issues (to sum it up) and lack of knowledge I do not wish to pursue a poly relationship at this time. I do hope that it will one day be a road I venture.

Thank you for excepting me into this community.

Welcome to the forum! I believe that this an honest environment that supports self-exploration and offers much information on relationship dynamics. I hope that your exploration is a self-affirming adventure.
(How I wish to have had this kind of resource when I was your age.)
I wish you a great and inspiring journey.

Thanks everyone! I've really appreciated the support and insight from many on this site. It's nice to be able to talk openly about this and not be shunned or judged.

Granted, I realize that an open relationship and poly are different relationships with different ideals but when it comes down to it, poly couples know how to communicate a LOT better than mono couples. It's refreshing to see (or should I say, read?) such openess in a relationship.

Back