The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

I'm really tired from going to school full time. I have been feeling pain in my knee since Tuesday and I don't understand why.

Anyway, the bright spots in my life is I really like my bf and I have only one more day of school :)

I love the lovers who love to love the love. :) I kinda love my life right this minute. FBF seems to be closer. Both of them helped me tonight with a srsly big job application. <3

I am thankfully done with the semester - I've got a few days to relax and catch up on TV before going to NY to visit family. I will be so glad to get a bit of a break!

I am apparently in the midst of another relationshipsplosion, and I worry that M is going to decide that I'm too much work and too much drama to be in a relationship with. :/

Doin' okay. Cooked my first wheat, corn, and peanut free meal for my wife and it came out pretty okay. The gravy was the only part that really needs tweeking still. People keep telling me that I'm a bit of a natural kitchen alchemist and I think I might start believing them after tonight.

Other then that, work and money has me stressed. Since BrigidsDaughter got bit by a spider, a stubborn case of pink eye, and diagnosed with these allergies in the span of a month money has been realllllly tight between copays, medicine, and the food for her. However we'll pull through like always. I'm going to start meal planning and cooking for us which will help reduce costs.

As for work, things are going well overall. My bosses are still happy with me and we've been swamped with orders. The stress comes in from one employee who is no longer with us. Long and short of it the guy screwed up, potentially, between $10-20K in hard to acquire material (it's a special steel alloy that's only made 1-2 times a year in 1 foundry in Germany). Good news is my bosses trust me enough to have the skill to salvage the material. Downside is I know if I can't save as much of it as possible it's a hard hit on the company, and that's where the stress is coming in.

Another semester of straight A's. :)

We are happily ensconsed in a warm house together. Auntie is over baking cookies with the kids. :)

I just completed a project i conceived almost 2 decades ago, which has occupied my mind during that time for probably about an average of 75-80%. Also fortunately, i have an entire week left to enjoy the results of my patient efforts. This is a personal triumph; it does not come with a financial reward or public recognition. I am not a person who is goal-oriented or ambitious, but i can appreciate the focus, determination, serendipity, and above all the PATIENCE that it took to pull off this caper. I was prepared for something to go wrong in the 11th hour that would set me back, but nothing of that sort happened. I also have not talked about the progress of this project with anyone so as not to jinx it or create expectations. I am still skeptical about sharing too many specifics, especially on the internet. I do not like to gush about how good i feel about my life at any given point because it's been my experience that something "crashes" whenever i do so. I am functionally superstitious like that, and it has been working for me.

tl;dr I am feeling very good about things, to the point that i don't want to share too much or something will happen to end it. This has nothing to do with money or relationships. It's more of a personal-growth thing.

Doing well. Feeling like a real, appreciated part of the crew at my job, which I started just under three months ago. Glad I found a position in which the boss really knows how to treat staff well and where we all work together to raise the bar for everyone and ourselves.

Also happy that I received a payment today from my additional freelance work, which I had not expected to get until the 31st.

New potential interests have suddenly popped up on OKC and I've been having good conversations the last few days. Am making a date with one guy for this Friday night, and another for early- to mid-January. Not getting my hopes up too much, but it is nice to get responses and know there is interest. I write so many guys who never reply, I was beginning to wonder what was turning them off.

Anyway, about to call my sister to wish her a Merry Christmas, and I'm feelin' good.

Last edited:
Have been going like a mad woman the last two days.

Managed to make the men in my life pretty happy despite being pulled in multiple directions.

Spent this morning with both my husband and boyfriend with the kids this AM. Had a pretty good day.

Boyfriend has some things on his mind work wise trying to send him some good vibes.

Spent a fun evening Thursday with Runic Wolf, Wendigo, and some friends. Enjoyed having someone to cook with in the kitchen, even if I didn't get to enjoy much of the food as my pre-op cleanse meds kicked in whilst cooking dinner. My surgery went well Friday and I spent most of yesterday sleeping. Runic Wolf has been taking really good care of me. I love him so much.

Feelings of Guilt

Still enjoying the new trio, but wow, is it hard sometimes! :eek: LOL ...

Danny, my "Lion" (tall, blonde hair, Nordic Viking type), and Michael, my "Twin" (my height, dark curly hair, Celtic Warrior type) are needing some time apart, which I understand. That leaves me having to schedule my time with both separately for a while instead of us all being together like we were doing up until now. The result is that I feel guilty no matter who I schedule time with. I know that's my problem, not theirs (in other words, I'm aware that's my own unreasonable desire to make everyone happy), but it's still difficult.

Yeah, I know. I could have worse problems. ;)

I'm pissed off. There's a squirrel in my fucking attic, and some days he sits right above the ceiling over my head and makes squirrely noises.

On the other hand I'm really happy, I have two totally different partners who are confused by totally different aspects of me, but love me anyway, even for the parts that don't make sense to them. Both of them are actually TRYING to give me what they think I want. Unprecedented.

I almost cried today because I was so happy. I hope I remember this if one day it's all heartbreak and misery and forget that at one point, I was happy enough to cry. ;)

I suppose that puts the squirrel in perspective.

I suppose that puts the squirrel in perspective.
I think the squirrel loves you, too. ;)
squirrel-264.gif

I'm missing work to be home for the maintenance guy and plumber to get here and fix our hot water heater; which is leaking into the basement. Unfortunately, we're also in the midst of a lake effect snow storm and I haven't heard from anyone what time the plumber will get here.

I've been away for quite awhile. I'll have to read some posts and see how people are doing!
My poly experience is ended now but I am still processing and learning from it. I moved out in April 2012 and my divorce will be final next week.

Sundance is still seeing the "cowgirl" and he continues to lie selectively about his relationship with her. Sometimes that still bugs me, but it's the LYING that bugs me; otherwise it's really none of my business. I'd say we haven't defined ourselves as exes/friends yet, although we're working on it. She and her kids have spent time with Sundance and my sons. I don't know if he'll marry her or what. I do know she still sleeps with a rich man for money, and he goes out with other girls behind her back. They're both kind of creepy I guess!

Butch and I gradually started dating. My kids were extremely accepting of it (except my oldest daughter, who resents the hell out of me for not giving her a "normal" family -- whatever that is -- or a trust fund. But she is nearly 30 years old, and has her own therapy to seek!) One of Butch's kids was extremely, radically pissed off about us dating, and that has tainted things significantly. He blames his dad for breaking up two families. He screamed at him and said he will NEVER accept us together.
Now he hides our relationship from his kids. He's living a double life. It's sneaking around, all over again. It sucks :(
I honestly thought that once I was free, Butch would fall in love with me. But he hasn't. He's still only interested in "friends with benefits". I am trying to have hope, and be patient with him, and his family.... I just thought it would be different by now. Oh well.

Oh Carma, it's good to hear from you, but I'm sorry some things are still icky. At least your divorce will mean freedom from a toxic relationship. Take things slowly with Butch, you've had a lot to deal with. And don't be afraid to be very cautious and particular about how often Sundance's gf gets to be around your kids. You have every right to limit that. Hang in there!

Back