New to the forums and feeling shy.

dashingdownward

Hello everyone,
I'm (obviously) new to the forums so I thought I'd start here. I'm in a couple of polyamorous relationships. They're intertwined, so there's not a straightforward way to describe the connections. My boyfriend and his wife live in a house with his and my girlfriend. We've worked together pretty well to manage schedules and we often hang out with metamours. Overall, we all get along well. This isn't the first poly situation for anyone involved and I know I've definitely learned from my mistakes as well as successes along the way.
I feel like I'm personally in a transitional period where I'm teaching myself that I'm worth the respect and effort that I show other people. But i know that personal transitions create stress in relationships and I'm trying to be aware of that and how it effects everyone else's feelings and interactions as well.
I tend to be a pessimist and a recent bout of conflict within the relationships has triggered a bit of an emotional spiral for me, so I'm here in an attempt to reach out and find some other voices and opinions about poly life. I really like conversations that allow for a give-and-take so I thought this might be a decent place to start.

*hugs and love*
dashingdownward

Hi dashingdownward,
Welcome to our forum.

I'm sure you will find many opportunities to converse with the various people on this site, and get some good feedback. Have a look at our many threads and see what calls to you. Use the search and tag search options. Post any thoughts or questions you'd like to share.

Even if you're feeling somewhat pessimistic at the moment, your descriptions of your relationships said to me that you have a very positive thing going, and much to be hopeful for. Just try to work out the conflicts in tiny bites. So as not to "eat the whole elephant at once."

I am wishing you the best of luck and love, and hope you will post often.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Well I'll keep my fingers crossed that your discussion time will go well. I'm sure it will.

Back