Lonely in a Crowd

no I can't say I have. I thrive on being quietly in a crowd of those I like and feel most at home this way. I hardly ever feel lonely anymore in my life. :) thankfully.

why do you ask?

Yes my experience as been similar to Ari's. When I've been at a party or gathering of some kind and my heart is with someone elsewhere.

...but why don't you tell us more about how this has come up for you:)

I should also say I can experience this in general. In this town there are a lot of acquaintances. I can be hanging out with these "friends" at any time, and the realization that I am just another acquaintance sometimes gets to me. Regardless of how the word friend is thrown around. People have left and this town feels hollow sometimes.

So yes, if you feel comfortable, feel free to expand on what it means to you? :)

YES YES YES.

I definitely have and I sure don't enjoy it.

Like Ari-it's often because I am missing someone specific.

I am an extrovert, usually. Sometimes I like solitude when I need to recharge.

There are sometimes when I feel alone. Not sure how else to describe it - maybe meloncholy?

Sometimes I recognized when it's hormonally induced. This time I think that, in combination with some medical issues requiring diagnostic testing and my parents who aren't talking to me right now.

I guess I just need to wait for this phase to pass.

Maybe it's time for some more focused, smaller group type things. It's hard to feel lonely when someone is really focused on you and wants to hear what you have to say.

I am finding that staying busy and focused helps a little bit. Working out helps a little bit too. These will have to do until the homonal couple of days of "egg week" pass by.

Back