New doesn't begin to describe.

BlackJester

Hi! Names jester, pleased to meet ya!
Sorry, can't really do an intro without a name. Beyond that I'm not even sure where to start, my past two weeks have been a whirlwind. Maybe I should start basic, I'm a (mature) 20 year old male, currently in a monogamous relationship with my girlfriend of 3 years, and I recently confided in her about my feelings and outlook on life. This is the first person that I've shared with and I couldnt be more happy at the result. She was very taken aback, a little hostile, but willing to listen and try to understand. She's amazing, and I'm so glad I got this off my chest, but on to history!!!!

I honestly had never heard of polyamoury before my late teens, when I was the mono in a destructive mono/poly relationship. We were teenagers, and while it helped me grow, her and I weren't communicating enough for it to thrive, and thus it died. About a year later I met my gf, and I instantly fell head over heels, but never discussed or mentioned the concept of non monogamy. Half because I was too chicken s*** to speak up for myself, and half because I thought I get a screaming banshee as an answer. I'm glad I was wrong.

As for present, she is still trying to wrap her head around the concept, and is asking a lot of important questions, taking the time to understand, and I'm ok with letting her take her time. I had 11 years to accept this part of myself and work up the nerve to mention it. She had it dropped out of the sky.

So in general, thank the gods I found a partner this accepting, and I hope to learn and grow from my experiences on the board.

Hi Jester,
Welcome to our forum.

I'm glad your girlfriend was willing to listen and ask questions, etc. ... one can never be sure how those things will turn out.

Hope you're enjoying your stay on Polyamory.com,
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back