Free Agent in CO

FreeAgentCO

Hi! My name is D....

Happily married for 8 years. My husband and I have been discussing poly living for two years since an almost divorce and it looks as though we may be moving into a poly reality!

Our marriage is happier and healthier than its ever been and this newfound openness and complete honesty with each other is the reason why. No secrets, no hiding our hearts and our souls. It's beautiful. I love him more than ice cream.

I think I have always been poly, trapped in a mono world. I grew up in the southeast and didn't have any idea that there was a name for what I felt. Instead I ended relationships badly and hurt myself and others. It's such a conservative area and this lifestyle choice/wiring is completely taboo. For me I think I am wired this way. I think this is my nature.

I live in the Denver CO area and have a few poly friends who have been helping me explore this spiritual development and awakening. I am not currently dating but would love to find someone to enrich my life, and who's life I can enrich.....but that is for another thread. :)

I love dancing, live music, food, art, adventure, the outdoors and skiing! I am a singer....(trained operatically,) and love to sing gospel, country, jazz, soul, and anything else with a melody. When I say I love to dance I mean it! Country swing, Lindy hop, swing, contra dancing, salsa, bachata, hip hop, funk, and CUMBIA!

I love to be active, mad adventurous. I love being in charge of myself. I am a personal trainer and movement therapist....and a body worker. I am fascinated by our systems. A self proclaimed anatomy nerd for sure! I am a "Tough Mudder," and love doing crazy shit! I have traveled the world, from Japan to Mexico, Australia, Hawaii, and Costa Rica most recently.....my favorite adventure so far.....would have to be flying like Superman through the Costa Rican rainforest.

In short, I am a bold, adventurous, happy, and beautiful woman! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!!!

Hope that's a good intro! Hope to find some like minded poly folk here in Colorado. Looked into the poly groups and it didn't seem like my thing. Group cuddle parties with strangers and Sex themed parties are just not my thing.

Happy Thursday!

D

Greetings FreeAgentCO,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

I'm sure the newfound freedom that polyamory can bring will do your soul some good. I'm delighted to hear that your husband has opened his mind and heart to the idea and that the two of you have a fresh start in your marriage.

There's lots of ways to look for new people to date. I can suggest a number of links if you want. But I see you've encountered the Dating/Friendship board so that's already a start. In the meantime take advantage of the collective wisdom Polyamory.com offers and see what's on our various threads and boards. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you get curious about along the way.

Heh, my brother did the Costa Rican superman thing if I've got all my facts right. Wish I could share the photo; he's in 7th Heaven. :D

Hope you enjoy your stay amongst us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Hi!
My GF and I are new to the poly scene and we live in the denver area. We are looking for a loving connection, relationship that we can nurture and build.

ME: male
5'9, 165lbs, athletic and attractive, very outgoing and fun, dark hair, brown eyes and straight

HER: female
5'5", athletic and very stylish. Very much a girly girl (I call her my barbie doll), platinum blonde and VERY VERY fun to hang with! (And gorgeous!) and bi

Looking for poly friends in highlands ranch up to north denver metro.

YOU:
Single female or a FF situation. M/F ok but she doesnt want to play with a male. Looks are semi important but we want a soul connection more than anything.

Anyone out there?

Oh my goodness! Why do I not live there??

I love LOVE opera! I am also a professionally trained ballroom dancer (mostly Waltz, Rumba, and Argentine Tango, but I do many of the others, did ballet as a child). I also went to med-school and have huge fascination with human and plant biology.

I am not as well travelled but I have been to South America, you sound like loads of fun!

Back