New Here and to Poly!

PolyBrandy

My husband and I have decided to venture down this road together after deliberating and weighing the pro's and con's of opening our relationship up. Though I have always been a poly it wasn't something I forced or pushed, I told my husband when we were dating I'd love to settle down with like 2-3 other people and have a family unit.

A tad bit of background: We have been married nearly 7 years and have two kiddos. I am openly bi-sexual and most of my family knows it since my husband was my first boyfriend. My husband thought he was straight for a while and then we decided to have a threesome a couple of years back and turned out he liked it a lot. So he is fairly certain that he is bi-sexual as well.

So the game plan for now that we read a few books and are ready to take the next step is just making friends in the poly-community. We have made a few and it was suggested to sign up on OK Cupid, which is interesting to say the least. I have talked to a few different people in the poly community from there and it is nice. It is really exciting seeing my husband get nervous when cute boys message him, since I don't get to see him nervous often.

So Hi and any advice is welcome and appreciated!

I'm her husband, everything she says is true. It's really funny because I'm more into romance and sappy stuff than she is, so we've ended up looking for completely different things. It's a bizarre realization that there are things that someone else might be able to provide each of us better than we can provide that for each other, especially after being together for as long as we have and having as happy of a relationship as we have. I know, from experience, that we don't have to do this and both of us would be happy with just us, but it is exciting to know that we can have more.

Well welcome to both of you.

I'm fairly new here as well but the site is a fountain of information.

Is it odd that I totally misread your title as "New and here to poly!"??? (party, poly, they both have the same excitement don't they?)

Welcome, it's nice that you are sharing this and supporting each other in the whole new bashful dating stage.

Last edited:
Bashful dating is EXACTLY what this is! It is actually rather humorous, at least to me, he met a boy on OKC and messaged back and forth (our profiles are linked together) and he then send my husband this message "My wife says she knows your wife" :|

Turns out it was one of my good friends from high school and after a short awkward period they now have a date for Tuesday!

Back