Rings

I must admit when I feel and know something I tend to act quickly. I met my ex wife in August and got married in November of the same year - we were married for over 16 years so I think my instincts were pretty good in that case:) I also was relatively quick in telling my family about Redpepper.

All my tattoos represent things in my life. I have ones related to my ex wife and others that tell secrets without actually telling them (Only Redpepper knows the meaning behind all of them...I told her on our first coffee date as I was overwhelmed by instant trust in her:)). I would never remove or cover up a tattoo because they represent growth and knowledge to me. I think Redpepper is unique in seeing the beauty in honouring my ex-wife by adding to my tattoos and not obliterating them.

I have a large amount of skin dedicated to the connection I have with Redpepper. It represents new growth and a union we have just begun to realize. Regardless of what happens in the future it will always be special to me and represent a transition in how I connect and love someone from a very different place than I have ever been. She has taught me a lot about myself and we are truly soul mates so it is only natural for me to declare this amazing relationship through a visual tapestry. (I believe you can have more than one soul mate incidentally)

I will eventually add to my ring tattoo….but I am ok with waiting…I’m staying put with my Life Love

Last edited:
I love the idea of the right hand ring! We were going to do a rolling ring type of thing, with 3 bands together but that's another option for us too.. if we ever get to that point

Congratulations. My partners and I exchanged rings in June. We decided on gold Claddahs which we wear on our right hands with the crown pointed out. I hope you find something equally beautiful.

nice designs...especially heart shaped ring

Jewels Review - www.jewelerspoint.com

Last edited by a moderator:
My fiance and I are getting these rings (in royal blue, not indigo):

www.etsy.com/transaction/30446383

We like titanium symbolically, and this artisan in particular... If/when Z decides to commit (which I truly mean in a value-neutral way; not sure how to communicate it in text right now), he and I will talk about how to symbolize that. He might get a ring to match ours, or he and I might get right-hand rings...

Z and I will have a public commitment ceremony either way, for families and friends, though likely a smaller one, because Z is a more private person than K or I. The way I see it, legal marriage or not, we'll still be marrying, and we'll still deserve a wedding. (The current tentative plan is actually for K and Z to marry legally, cheers to Massachusetts, not for me to marry either of them. Legally, it grants them both a safer child custody platform, in case anything ever happens to me.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the braided gold rings that have the different types of gold. If I hadn't needed a solid plain wedding band for religious/cultural reasons, I think I would have gone with one of those for my wedding. So pretty, and a great metaphor for showing how different relationships are all still valuable, and beautiful when intertwined.

5193zuZbaDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
14K+Rose+Gold+and+Tri-Color+Braided+Wedding+Band+Ring.jpg

Those pics above are great! Here's a pic of the ring Redpepper bought me recently. I like that it has a free moving chain. It represents that, although she does not require my love to be "chained" to her, it is willingly because it is in my nature. I also like that, to most, a ring means "don't bother, I am for some one else" ;)

picture.php

Back