A smile and a hello :)

mirrormelovely

Hi everyone, I am mirrormelovely. I just turned 30 years old (so happy about that too!), am a mommy of 2 awesome daughters and a partner to a wonderful mono man, "T."

I was married to my girls father for 8 years and we were together for 11. We grew up together in a very conservative area of the country where I felt very trapped and unable to be "myself..." whatever that was at the time, I did not figure out until moving to a much more open area of the US, the Pacific Northwest :)

Once we moved, a whole new world was opened up to me where I felt like my soul finally entered my body and I could be me..."Me" is a very open, positive, outgoing, friendly, tattooed, long skirt wearing, soap-making mamma who is openly bisexual to those who deserve to know!

He and I chose to go our separate ways 2 years after we arrived as we realized we had a ton of things to work on concerning ourselves and our personal paths that could only be done alone. We remain friends and share custody of our daughters.

I dated intensely for the next 3 years, opening up to more and more people about my sexuality and exploring a few brief relationships with women and a few more with men. Nothing lasted during that time as I wasn't ready to settle in with anyone. I have always been honest and open about that and had a really good dating experience.

I briefly got involved with a couple who were in an "open" relationship along that path and although it was scary territory for me, I knew that I was ready. I first started dating the man and slowly the woman and I became close. After awhile, issues of insecurity settled in between them with regards to how time was spent with me and rather than seeing myself implode their relationship, I chose to walk away, even though it hurt. Shortly after that, they also went their own separate ways. This was my only experience with polyamory aside from an invite to a "play" party that unbeknownst to me WAS in fact a PLAY PARTY. That was a funny night!

At present, my wonderful guy knows that I would love to be involved with a woman. Because of the structure of our lives and relationship though, I only would want to be with someone who would be considered a serious partner for me and only with a woman. He, at this point anyhow, does not consider himself to be open to dating or seeing other people. I don't see him coming around to that either, but you never know. I will support him in whatever he decides to do as I know he will support me as well.

Read my bio if you'd like to know more. I will be writing more there in the coming days. Thanks everyone for this open forum. I am so glad I found it. At present, I don't really know many people I can talk to about all of this and no one who is poly.

Welcome aboard, and thanks for sharing your story.

Welcome to the forum. =] If ever you need someone to talk to one to one, feel free to send a PM my way. ^_^ Everyone else here is very friendly and will give you some good advice. =]

Thanks

Thank you for the welcomes. I have already seen evidence of some really great people on here. I cannot wait to learn and read and share more.

welcome....

Welcome! I am sure you will find this a place of openness, much advice and a place to further cement and understand yourself!

Back