Eff you, fear!

Letitbe

Ok, so, I am super proud of myself. My husband has been wanting to try poly for quite a while, but I've been dragging my feet. Although poly interested me, I was letting fear get in the way. What if he finds someone and I don't, what if I get jealous, what if nobody wants me, blah blah, blah. Then I just thought, you know what, eff you, fears. Time to face you! All my "fears" are just that, fears. They are not based in reality. Realizing that and facing them is so empowering. Who *wouldn't* want me? I'm awesome. Heehee. :)

Like a friend said to me tonight, as I go through my own vulnerable stuff. This is her favorite thing from Dune (yes, we be geeky)

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

I wrote this, long ago in my misspent youth. ;) While I was searching for it, I also found this gem:
Fear is just a place that love has not yet filled.

I had a lot of fear in my young life. My dad had been lecturing me on the power of saying yes to stuff (much like in the movie Yes Man, but more productive). I found in a magazine a thing title Litany Against Fear. I decided I wanted it in a more 'yes' way, so I rewrote it, and just called it Litany. I read it a lot.

Litany

Everything is worthy of my acceptance, love, and confidence. I accept myself as I am with all my imperfections and perfections.

There is nothing to fear. I will be unafraid, because I accept myself. I proclaim my life! My fears and anxieties shall pass through me like the wind, and leave my spirit clear and tranquil. I am a wellspring of energy, a source, a beam of light.

There is room in me for courage and acceptance. Acceptance increases the value of my existence. Courage upgrades the quality of my life. There is purpose and meaning in acceptance and love. I can live the way I intend to live, with acceptance of myself and others. Without my demons of fear, I can be assertive and expressive, find my joys and desires, provide my life with clarity and purpose, establish my own reality, without them I can embrace my existence!

Therefore – I expel my demons of fear from my being, now and forever! I am fearless, forthright, exuberant, joyful, insuppressible, persevering, energetic, and magical; full of laughter, amazement, wonder, passion, curiosity and love. I open myself to courage and acceptance.

THERE IS ROOM IN ME FOR LOVE!

Back