New poly couple going slowly,somewhat.

As we are paying out of pocket for it, we are going to wait a year and retake that test. She is getting her iq test today and that will be sufficient for the school. They are letting her work faster but are giving me a hard time on if she's actually learning or if I'm "pushing her through the material,". Most days, I literally have to beg her to stop schooling. We'll see how 5 things go.

Well, she still didn't test 100% to her potential but she falls well into the gifted ranges. The Dr recommends that we have her retested in a year and she will likely score higher on both tests. Either way, she is definitely going to need differentiation and with proper support and working on her week areas, she will do great. She is going to stay ahead as long as we give her challenging work.

Her weak areas are writing, spelling and working quickly which we knew but we know now that she needs to work hard on those areas to bring them up with her other skills. We also need to get her into he eye doctor because there was a discrepancy of 12 points between her vocal iq and her performance iq which dropped her full scale iq down and the usual culprit in that instance is vision problems or visual processing issues. We have noticed that she has been squinting more especially with small print.

Ah, OK. None of mine learned to really read til age 8 or 9, despite being bright. I know they could have learned to read earlier in school, but I didn't see the point of pushing it. I read to them a lot and we had a nice phonics program we worked on when they were in the mood. Once they were ready, they started reading at 6th-9th grade level. I saw it as a brain development thing. When it switched on, it was on all the way.

The kids never liked me doing formal math with them. When my girls applied to community college, they were weak in math, but just took a sort of remedial math class (one semester's work covering all of elementary and high school math), then Algebra, and had no issues.

Now at ages 25, 23 and 20, they are all into the arts (music and painting). My older daughter has studied Japanese in college and was told she was the teacher's best student ever. She is also into philosophy. My younger daughter can paint better than I can (and I went to art college). My son can play instruments, piano, drums, and is a technology whiz. He's also really good at juggling and doing voices and impressions, beat boxing, and singing.

B taught herself to read and write. She is a great artist as well. I chose the virtual school because she wants to be an Entomologist and they need a strong background in math and science and plus the curriculum is free through the school and to purchase it would cost about $1200 a year. Also, in Ohio, they require end of year testing for home schooled children to make sure they are at grade level and if they're not, you lose the right to home school.

This way, she is technically a public school student and they do their own testing and she can't be pulled from it unless she doesn't take the testing. We do know that we need to work on her test taking skills as she really hates to be timed but does fairly well if she doesn't know she is being timed. However, she is a ponderer and so timed tests tend to artificially lower her scores either way but if she knows it, it is way worse.

We will be going to pick up Bear's cremains tomorrow. I don't know how Q is going to process it as he heard me say that I will be picking up Bear's ashes and he thinks that I am bringing Bear back alive. :( I tried to explain it but he is only 3.

Well, wish us luck, we go to meet T and K tomorrow. If all goes well, we will enter a poly group as he and his wife both have other partners. I will sleep with both T and M and he will sleep his wife and any others he meets. All with the use of condoms.

Well, wish us luck, we go to meet T and K tomorrow. If all goes well, we will enter a poly group as he and his wife both have other partners. I will sleep with both T and M and he will sleep his wife and any others he meets. All with the use of condoms.

Isn't this the first time you're meeting them in person? And you're already planning to have sex with them? Wow!!! Why not have coffee together and see if you all even just like each other first?

We won't be having sex tomorrow just meeting for coffee. I was just thinking ahead of myself like I tend to do, lol. We have been chatting for a few weeks now and seem to have a connection. We know that if we click in person that it will lead to sex but definitely not tomorrow. I was just working out with my words why I would consider us a group if we get that far.

Good luck with the date and the possible "sleeping with." ;)

Thanks, tomorrow is just a meet and see thing. I just know that we are looking for the sleeping with part so I like to over analyze. We already agreed that there would be no first date sex.

I just think saying "sleeping with" is funny.

I've had sex with lots of people, but havent slept with most of them! For me, that takes more intimacy and trust than shagging. What if they got up in the night and stole all my jewelry and ran?

Am I weird?

Well, last night went fairly well. We all get along and will see where it goes from here. It felt strange at times but this is pretty new me.

I had a chat session with T and let him know that I want to move slowly. I do tend to think ahead of myself and want to do things quickly but I realized that I need to know him better first. M is the only man that I have had sex with in 8 years and adding someone new feels strange. I am sure that part of it is mono programming rearing it's head. I am also still grieving for Bear and that effects things as well.

When I spoke with M's mom prior to B's testing, she seemed to want to believe that she was just an above average child who had been worked with too much and was, therefore, ahead and would level off instead of an advanced child that will not level off with the proper educational environment and support for her strengths and weaknesses. When M let her know that she is indeed an advanced child and will not level off, she replied with, "Yep, we knew that she was smart,". I find that interesting. She doesn't want her to be advanced because she knows that will mean that she is going to continue in an unconventional schooling method regardless of where we live and will most likely finish HS well ahead of
her age mates.

It's not like we are going to push her out into the workforce early or even off to college before age 16 at the earliest as far as going off out of our home to college. I have decided that, since this state has a program where the school pays for
dual enrollment college courses for advanced students, we won't push them about her official grade level as she can get
her early HS credits done and when she gets up to age level senior in HS status, she will have the potential to have
achieved an associates to bachelor's degree at the same time without us paying more than our taxes for it.

What is important is that she is challenged and happy and continues to well academically and socially and is a good, well rounded person. That will also give her time to decide what she really wants to be and study when she goes off to school.

Q is doing much better with his talking but still not great with his potty training. I did tell him that, if he wants to start karate in January and preschool next August, he needs to potty on the potty. He said okay but I am not holding my breath.

M and I have had a few rough moments the past few days but I think we are all just worn out. Also, our oven is broken so we have to buy a new one as it will cost us the same to get a new one as it would to get a repair person out and to order parts for a 30+ year old stove.

Last edited:
We will be meeting up with T and K on Nov 4th just to hang out and play a game. We want to cement a friendship before moving on to other things. B is doing better with her schooling for the most part. We are behind where we could have been due to losing Bear but we are slowly getting back into a good rhythm.

M and I are doing well and, if things would quit breaking, we would be doing well money wise too. We are hoping that things settle down soon. We just had to replace our phones and our range. We are hoping to be able to have a good Christmas this year for the kids.

Q is having good and bad days potty training wise. I am starting to think that he will go to college in adult diapers at this point, lol. Not really but it feels that way sometimes.

N has a new potential boyfriend and they have their first date tomorrow while we are out with M's dad and step- mom for dinner.

Things are going okay for us, B is doing better with her school stuff and I am still communicating regularly with T. N's potential seems to be going well but I am going to reserve final judgement for now.

M is stressed but that will hopefully change soon.

Well, today is my 30th birthday and my truck finally passed the e-check. They stopped testing for what I usually fail on though, lol. We get together with T and K on Friday. We are just going to hang out and play a board game and get to know each other better. My period is late so I bought a test today and I will take it in the morning.

I am positive that is all that it will take for it to come. Unless Mike's estim has caused his vasectomy to fail, there should be no more babies. I did the math and we would have conceived around his birthday if I am pregnant, though. We shall see in the morning.
I tend to be paranoid in his area.

The kids are both sick and I was over the weekend but I feel much better now. N and I are going out with our friend tonight for dinner. M is jealous because he likes restaurant that we are going to but we can't take the kids there sick.

I will check back in tomorrow...

Well, it has been crazy lately but I am here to update. First, let me just correct a grammatical error from my last post. They're* not there, lol. Well, the meet up with T and K went well last time. It has been a couple of months now and a couple of meetups as a big group to get to know each other better.

Friday, T and I will be meeting up alone to see if we are compatible or just get along as friends. M and K are both comfortable with us meeting alone and, if we decide that sex isn't for us together, we all still want to hang out as friends with the same mindset as we all get along well.

Well things have been crazy lately. T and I have had to reschedule twice now, we haven't yet set a time to try again. The first time we were to meet, I was sick, the 2nd time he was sick.

B has been assessed up to 2nd grade math and la. She will move up to 1st grade History, Science and Art in January. For next year, she will do 3rd grade la and math and possibly 4th for math and 2nd and 3rd grade History, Science and Art and 1st grade Social Studies and Music.

She is loving school and thriving with all of her social activities. She has even found an age and intellectual friend in dance class. They get along beautifully and they understand each other.

Q is making huge strides in his language skills and colors and shapes and counting and saying his alphabet. We will begin working on letter and letter sound recognition as well as number recognition soon.

M is doing well and his new job has eased our financial issues. We are getting along fairly well most of the time.

N is single again and will start looking for a job again soon. She is doing a lot of work with Q during the school day and it's wonderful for him.

I'll try to update more often.

Hello everyone, it has been a long time since I posted. It has been a very busy 7 months. Not much has been going on poly wise until recently. M has found a potential partner for some of his fetishes and for the bi side of his nature. I have found a potential straight partner. We will be meeting tomorrow to see if we have any chemistry.

M has decided that he doesn't want to be involved at the beginning anymore. He realized that he puts out a jealous husband vibe subconsciously and it makes me very uncomfortable so I am unable to relax and get to know the new person without feeling guilty if I am not paying them equal attention. We still want to try a threesome at some point and M2 is open to that and understanding that our marriage comes first in this.

He is only 25 and does want to have kids someday and so we are both aware that it may be a short term relationship unless whoever he meets to have children with is open to a poly relationship. He says that he is not ready to fully settle down for years so we'll see how it goes. N is now attending dental assistant school and has a potential new love interest M3.

The kids are doing well for the most part. B needs a consult for some cavities that may or may not need to be crowned. She didn't tell us that her teeth hurt and she stopped brushing those 2 teeth. They are the same tooth on both sides. She is doing well with her school work and has progressed to a high school working reading level and an 8th grade leisure reading level.

Q is being tested for a metabolic disorder. His blood panels came back inconclusive but with several markers elevated so he will be having an Organic Acids test done in the next week or so and we'll get the results on August 21st at his follow up Endocrine appt for his growth. He has fallen way off of his height curve in the past year.

Well, the meeting with M2 was delayed until today because he was called in to work an emergency on Saturday. I will be leaving in a couple of hours to meet him. We are going to talk and see if we have any in person chemistry or not. We will go from there on if we want to pursue anything further.

Back