Queer Feminist Seeking Friends~

Deviant

Hello,
I am a 42 year old happily married mother of four. I am a queer feminist, a photographer, an activist and an advocate. I am spiritual, but not religious. I am an ex-smoker and a social drinker. I am interested in making friends who are poly and are open to talking about what this lifestyle means to them and to share experiences. Currently it is just my husband and I. For now, I'm focusing on just making some friends.
Please feel free to message me if you want to chat.
Peace~

Last edited:
Hi Deviant,
Welcome to our forum.

There's sure no shortage of posting and threads here, so feel free to join (or start, if you desire) a conversation, and you will probably soon find yourself in a dialog with various different folks, including many who may turn out to be the online friends you're looking for.

I just want to welcome you and say that I'm glad you could be here.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Hi and welcome!

...we have talked quite a bit about bringing someone into our relationship if we found the right person.

I recommend doing a search for topics you are interested in (the words must be longer than 3 letters for search function to work), and also use the Tag Search for keywords such as "new to polyamory," "unicorn," "triad," etc. And feel free to ask as many questions as you need!

I also think you might benefit from reading the following threads which cover the concept of "bringing someone into a relationship" that you might find informative:

Added to, Joining In

Inclusion in poly

In the process of forming a triad.....so much love and fear. so many questions

Relationship structures, triads, unicorns and all that

Hi, and welcome! Queer mom here, 38. Our family is me, my co-mom, my other partner, a young child, and co-mom's girlfriend (who doesn't live with us yet). I'd be happy to chat if you want to PM me. :)

Hi Deviant,
Welcome to our forum.

There's sure no shortage of posting and threads here, so feel free to join (or start, if you desire) a conversation, and you will probably soon find yourself in a dialog with various different folks, including many who may turn out to be the online friends you're looking for.

I just want to welcome you and say that I'm glad you could be here.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Thank you for the welcome. :)

Hi and welcome!

I recommend doing a search for topics you are interested in (the words must be longer than 3 letters for search function to work), and also use the Tag Search for keywords such as "new to polyamory," "unicorn," "triad," etc. And feel free to ask as many questions as you need!

I also think you might benefit from reading the following threads which cover the concept of "bringing someone into a relationship" that you might find informative:

Added to, Joining In

Inclusion in poly

In the process of forming a triad.....so much love and fear. so many questions

Relationship structures, triads, unicorns and all that

Thank you for all the great suggestions. BTW, what exactly is a "unicorn"? I mean in this context?

Thank you all for the welcome :)

Hi and welcome!

[/B]

So, I have been reading through the threads you linked me to, among others. I figured out what a "unicorn" is. I must say, after reading through those threads I feel very intimidated to be here. It doesn't seem like a newbie friendly place. I think I may just have to stick to lurking and learn what I can that way.

So, I have been reading through the threads you linked me to, among others. I figured out what a "unicorn" is. I must say, after reading through those threads I feel very intimidated to be here. It doesn't seem like a newbie friendly place. I think I may just have to stick to lurking and learn what I can that way.

It makes me sad that you feel that way! :(

Most people here try to be friendly, but you are right - there are certain phrases that trigger very negative responses from a lot of people. Usually we're all really understanding, though, and understand that sometimes it's hard to express yourself clearly to people who don't know you from Adam. In a way that's good because you get unbiased advice/opinions, but it's also limiting since we can't really help if you forget to mention something small or seemingly unrelated that in reality impacts the situation you want to discuss.

My only advice is to just jump in. We're all anonymous strangers. Best case scenario you learn some awesome stuff and share your unique perspective. Worst case scenario you decide we're all horrible and leave. :p

I must say, after reading through those threads I feel very intimidated to be here. It doesn't seem like a newbie friendly place. I think I may just have to stick to lurking and learn what I can that way.

We're very newbie-friendly. I think some of us even have cookies to share. :D Sorry if those links scared you!

It was just a suggestion to give you an idea of the issues, so that you can figure out a direction for yourselves. Poly is much harder than people think, and it's best to move ahead with eyes open to see the pitfalls in the beginning rather than after people get hurt.

But if you want to read about poly successes, we do share our happy moments in this thread: Poly Vignettes: Sharing Success & Happiness

Also check out the Life Stories and Blogs section for personal perspectives. The blogs are protected here, no debates allowed, so they are more like journals.

Back