So, Umm, Hi?

Stupacalypse

The name's Stu (clearly, I'm quite clever with the sn for this place :rolleyes:).

I'm 29 years old, out of Parkville, MD; which is fairly close to Baltimore.

I've been interested in the poly lifestyle for awhile, and am kinda curious about what it's all about. While it's not my style to rush headfirst into something without being well informed; I am very interested in maybe getting some firsthand accounts on what it's like to be in the lifestyle.

I'm totally welcoming of whatever feedback or info anyone is willing to give, and I am taking my exploration of this seriously.

So yeah, again, Hi everyone.

Apparently, I missed the huge thread entitled "How to post an introduction". Go figure.

A bit about my situation...

I'm recently out of a longterm, on again off again mono-relationship. While everything ended rather amicably, the main reason for our split (and previous "break" periods) was a vastly different view on life. She was more traditional about how she viewed things, and I've always had a bit more of a progressive outlook on life. This wasn't to say that the problem was in things like intamacy frustrations or infidelity, but more of a general incompatibility on how we saw things. I always felt a bit confined in the relationship. We've come to the conclusion that we weren't really ourselves around each other, and have decided we serve each other best as strictly friends.

Last edited:
Welcome Stu.

So... you're a zombie?

Welcome aboard.

Too much Cell Phone use (obscure Stephen King reference)

welcome_aboard.jpg

Just Me,
Tim

Hi Stu!

Glad to have you with us. Just from your post you sound like you've got a solid footing already; it will be nice to read some of your insights over time.

Also... zombie apocalypse! I loved "World War Z". I have a serious <3 for horror and especially good zombie movies.

lol @ WaywardDruid with "The Cell" reference. I read that book. It was not my favorite Stephen King book, but parts of it were fun.

Heh. Yeah, clearly I have a thing for zombies.

Already, I'm starting to get some very good insight into this just by reading what other people have posted here. I'm glad I came here. Loads of info without the whole "meat market" feel...

I'm glad I came here. Loads of info without the whole "meat market" feel...

Hullo and welcome!

'Meat market' feel is what scares me a bit in the local poly scene. I guess it's especially hard if you are the NEW SINGLE BI GIRL! Unicorn alert everyone! So maybe my perceptions are a bit skewed, nice to know there's a guy out there who is a bit put off by the date&mate ambiance in some poly circles, too.

Now that I'm already lassoed and triaded, I can maybe go next time and have the vacant 'taken and in NRE' stare to scare off potential suitors?

Because in poly, wearing a ring just doesn't mean a darn thing.

Back