>_<

Oh my goodness! shhh! My ears are burning!

This separation thing, all new for me like I said, so friends at the moment. LOL.
:)
Got alot going on right now. hahahaha

LOL I was joking Ohiogrl. I do that a LOT!

I'm always friends first....If things never progress to a sexual relationship, I'm extremely fine with that as well. I like being a person that is there to listen to people's issues. Now, I'm more like an unethical therapist. LOL If you feel the "need" to have sex with me...I won't turn it away. LMAO

But ultimatly, I try to build a friendship.

So be prepared..... I tend to joke a lot...and it is often sexual. hehe

LOL. ok. and I tend to blush alot. :eek:

I'm weird like that.

::goes hides behind her comic books.::

I'm off to the dentist. Yay.:(

I will catch up soon.

Well, hopefully the dentist pulls on something that's not your teeth. :p

back to topic...;)

I get all blushy and off my game when I actually think that the person/people are really hot and way past my league. I don't if I think they are just kinda *meh.* I also get blushy if a circumstance comes up that I am not used to. If an old lover asked me to join in on her/him and their new partner I think I would be derailed for a sec :D if it came out of the blue like that. I just try and buy some time to think about it and let it settle into me so I can see how I feel about it in my gut first... often, then, I get my balls back.:cool:

back to topic...;)

I get all blushy and off my game when I actually think that the person/people are really hot and way past my league. I don't if I think they are just kinda *meh.* I also get blushy if a circumstance comes up that I am not used to. If an old lover asked me to join in on her/him and their new partner I think I would be derailed for a sec :D if it came out of the blue like that. I just try and buy some time to think about it and let it settle into me so I can see how I feel about it in my gut first... often, then, I get my balls back.:cool:

That sounds just about right. The problem is the part about circumstances I am not used too. I have literally spent years concentrating on making the BF happy, and since I was already content, the idea of me dating has simply not come up in a long time. I am going to just have to get used to it again I guess. LOL.

Which brings me to another question since you mention it, I wonder what my "league" is now? Its been years, and I have changed, my interest have changed, the world has changed, etc... Dating over 30 is certainly going to be different than 20 I imagine. That is a whole different ball game I have not even considered. I am not sure how to do it anymore. When I met my ex husband, it was easy. I walked up to him (randomly mind you I had no idea who he was) and said : "You look like someone who needs to get laid by me." and away we went from there. I was 19 then. Good lord, I would melt through the floor before I ever said anything like that now! 19 year old me was incredibly stupid! LOL

Ohiogrl,
Where is it written that you must be ballsy all the time? Or that you must always be bold and in charge of your feelings in a sexual or romantic situation? Where is it written that you can't feel shy, vulnerable, giddy, insecure, bashful, embarrassed? All too often, we fall into the trap of making our minds up about who we are and how we're supposed to be, without allowing for the range of human experience that is natural. Saying, "I should be ballsier" or "I should be dominant" is only giving yourself a very narrow confine in which to try and fit all of who you are. Those aren't really who you are; those are essentially just labels, or stories you tell yourself about who you are. Such "rules" that you "should" be a certain way, and maintain a certain amount of control in a situation can prevent you from being authentic and feeling what you truly feel, and could also possibly be an unconscious self-protective mechanism. Have you ever thought that perhaps your shyness or vulnerability is also attractive and part of what draws others to you?

I have a lover whom I call Shorty on this forum. Whenever I have mentioned to him that I am sometimes shy, he has a hard time believing that, because I come across to most people as confident, outspoken, and self-assured. Now, sexually, he has had more diverse experiences than I have, and so with him I explore new things. Often I am trembling when we're in bed together, out of excitement and a little fear and some inhibitions. If I tried to hide that from him and just "be ballsy" while barreling through the physical act, I would miss a lot of the sensations and emotions that I have around sex. I would miss out on meeting myself, essentially, and getting to know better who I am. He also wouldn't be as sensitive to my needs if he didn't see that I was nervous. Because I let myself be vulnerable with him, or embarrassed, or shy, or whatever, he is patient and appropriately responsive. We go at the pace I need, and I feel safe to explore. And in this way, I meet my "inner prude" and challenge her, but with self-love and self-compassion.

Human beings and human sexuality are fluid things, not rigid and set in stone. You might have always identified yourself as being a certain way and when something or someone comes along and feelings come up that go against what you thought of yourself, there is no need to correct it or be mad at yourself for not fitting your old idea about who you are. You are a multi-faceted being and that is a beautiful thing. Take time to get to know YOU. Find safe spaces and people that enable you to explore those heretofore unknown parts of yourself. That is how we can become more comfortable with ourselves. All of ourselves, not just the parts we prefer.

Last edited:
Ohiogrl,
Where is it written that you must be ballsy all the time? Or that you must always be bold and in charge of your feelings in a sexual or romantic situation? Where is it written that you can't feel shy, vulnerable, giddy, insecure, bashful, embarrassed? All too often, we fall into the trap of making our minds up about who we are and how we're supposed to be, without allowing for the range of human experience that is natural. Saying, "I should be ballsier" or "I should be dominant" is only giving yourself a very narrow confine in which to try and fit all of who you are. Those aren't really who you are; those are essentially just labels, or stories you tell yourself about who you are. Such "rules" that you "should" be a certain way, and maintain a certain amount of control in a situation can prevent you from being authentic and feeling what you truly feel, and could also possibly be an unconscious self-protective mechanism. Have you ever thought that perhaps your shyness or vulnerability is also attractive and part of what draws others to you?

I have a lover whom I call Shorty on this forum. Whenever I have mentioned to him that I am sometimes shy, he has a hard time believing that, because I come across to most people as confident, outspoken, and self-assured. Now, sexually, he has had more diverse experiences than I have, and so with him I explore new things. Often I am trembling when we're in bed together, out of excitement and a little fear and some inhibitions. If I tried to hide that from him and just "be ballsy" while barreling through the physical act, I would miss a lot of the sensations and emotions that I have around sex. I would miss out on meeting myself, essentially, and getting to know better who I am. He also wouldn't be as sensitive to my needs if he didn't see that I was nervous. Because I let myself be vulnerable with him, or embarrassed, or shy, or whatever, he is patient and appropriately responsive. We go at the pace I need, and I feel safe to explore. And in this way, I meet my "inner prude" and challenge her, but with self-love and self-compassion.

Human beings and human sexuality are fluid things, not rigid and set in stone. You might have always identified yourself as being a certain way and when something or someone comes along and feelings come up that go against what you thought of yourself, there is no need to correct it or be mad at yourself for not fitting your old idea about who you are. You are a multi-faceted being and that is a beautiful thing. Take time to get to know YOU. Find safe spaces and people that enable you to explore those heretofore unknown parts of yourself. That is how we can become more comfortable with ourselves. All of ourselves, not just the parts we prefer.

hmmm.
Now that is alot to think about. some of it has never occurred to me, and I am glad you brought it up. Like the part about shy being attractive? I wouldn't have thought that. I wonder why it is? And how can one tell if someone is being shy or polity stand offish? I would worry about that if I liked some one but could not express it well, it would give them the idea I wasn't interested when I am...

I'm not to worried about the change itself, It just really took me by surprise. I did not know it had happened, and if so, when? If I could figure out when then I might know why? And if I knew why I would better be able to know if it is just something that happened or if I am subconsciously protecting myself? But from what? Or anything at all? Hmmmmm. No idea.

I am not really answering your post so much as I am contemplating it out loud, lol. It is a good bit of info to think on and I am glad you wrote it.

:p
I like this place.
Regardless of the fact I originally came to try to sort things out in my head over my Bf's situations, I am finding I am actually learning more about myself than I ever expected. Its like I threw a stick in my own bicycle tire. But I am glad I did because now I have stopped and noticed I need more air in the tires and my chains abit rusty too. :eek: Time for some self maintenance.:p

Good post's everyone! Everyone gets a cookie!

lol. glad everyone liked them!

Back