A request: state your gender and sexual preference/orientation

Straight male married to a female.

I think labels are good and bad. They help someone else size up a situation quickly, but they can lead to a sterotype of that label.

but to save space, what I neglected to add was that I'd mentioned the 'flexible' label because I know many people who reluctantly identified as bi who felt that flexible was a more accurate label, even if still not completely how they felt. I intended to ask you to look it up and see if it didnt sound more familiar than simply bi, then add at the end that "I could be wrong (but just trying to help) :D"

but yeah... that didnt fit, sorry :p

No offense taken, Raze. But you can see how the wrong tone to the exact same words would become tiresome. :) Just taking the time to make a point.

The more you know... *shooting star*

I know I just over reacted. Sorry. Just dealing with my own stuff. Your post was very resonable. <sigh>

In the user profiles, there is no field specifically for "orientation" or "sexual preference". HOWEVER, where it says "Interests", you can write whatever you want. I put "Women & Men" in mine. You can also write anything you want in Biography, or ANY of the other fields. :cool:

Last edited:
In the user profiles, there is no field specifically for "orientation" or "sexual preference". HOWEVER, where it says "Interests", you can write whatever you want. I put "Women & Men" in mine. You can also write anything you want in Biography, or ANY of the other fields. :cool:

If you really want it out there, you can put in in your signature. I was thinking about doing that ...

Very male, married to very girly wife, who could become poly, but I am unsure. If she took a poly girl as her special S/O, I would be happy with that. But I am not yet ready for her to take a poly man as S/O.

Am I normal?

i love threesome sex though.

Very male, married to very girly wife, who could become poly, but I am unsure. If she took a poly girl as her special S/O, I would be happy with that. But I am not yet ready for her to take a poly man as S/O.

Am I normal?

I don't know if you are "normal", but you do sound "usual".

Am I normal?

if she were to say she was ok with you having a male S/O, but not ready for you to have a female S/O, would that be ok with you?

Female, married to a man, DavidWebb on the forum, poly, dating 2 men and very curious to date a woman, just not sure how to find someone who would be willing to very slowly cultivate a relationship with me, and I'm in the "habit" of being attracted to men.

Female, married to a man, DavidWebb on the forum, poly, dating 2 men and very curious to date a woman, just not sure how to find someone who would be willing to very slowly cultivate a relationship with me, and I'm in the "habit" of being attracted to men.

Don't go looking for a "relationship" with a woman then. Develop friendships with women while keeping an open mind to let things progress in whichever direction they are naturally tending towards.

Don't go looking for a "relationship" with a woman then. Develop friendships with women while keeping an open mind to let things progress in whichever direction they are naturally tending towards.

Hi Derby!

Yes, I think this is how I think it will happen. I'm in no rush at all! Thanks for the sage advice!

Bumping for new people. :)

This is actually quite an interesting thread. Made me examine myself a bit.
The simple bit: I am male, straight, monagamous.
Something my wife only made me realise quite recently: I don't make male friends easily and have none. Other men I compete with, I cannot connect with them as friends, but can work with them in teams (like in a work or sports situation).
Being in a vee with another straight male in it is stretching me because I have to have a sort of relationship with him.

Female.

Straight. (though I can't fix that in the introductions thread-it won't let me edit) :(

Married to a straight man-Maca
Dating straight boyfriend-GG

We all live together.

bi(with an emphasis on women) poly male, married to a bi poly female, currently unattached... or at least there are ports remaining.

Me, male, bi. Married to my wife who's straight, and her boyfriend who's also bi.

New to site

Female- straight as far as significant others but sexually attracted to females and like to play with females every once in awhile. Pefer poly! currently trying to transition from mono back to poly. Hoping to be the hinge in a vee! Into certain aspects of BDSM.
Living with Slinky (J in my in intro post - decided nicknames are better than initials). Straight male, serial mono, vanilla, hesistantlly considering opening back up to poly. 2 years dating, poly for 1st 6 mos. Mono since we moved in together. Still sme NRE is spurts after 2 yrs but def fading.
Very much hoping to date Echo (G in intro) - straight male open to poly.
Just met a 10 days ago, still have a lot to learn. NRE

PS Advice always welcome! Tho not always followed. : P

Back