NYC and TriState meetups

nethergirl

Hey all,

I just wanted to put it out there that NYC has some Great! Poly events.
There is a calendar here:
http://poly-nyc.com/calendar.html

My favorite event on the list is definitely the monthly cocktail meet up. it's generally ages 18-45 and its sort of like a non-single singles event. hehe

I know NY has so many poly events. I want to go check them out. But I am so shy to just go walk on in. Any friendly New Yorkers out there who would hold a newbies hand so to speak? My friend offered but she does the BDSM events which is very not me. And the other is taking a break from all relationships to deal with being a new mom. Oh-and AFTER I have this baby end of October. I feel really funny entering the community as a pregnant woman.

The Ninth Annual Poly Pride Weekend is fast approaching!
October 9-10, 2009
http://www.poly-nyc.com/pride.html

Yes, yes it is. I just left Vancouver yesterday afternoon, and I'm driving across the country through the States. I'm looking at stopping in at a couple places along the way, and figured since the opportunity was there, I'd try to see about stopping in at the Picnic on Saturday. (Strange that I have a hard time making meetups in Vancouver or Seattle, but it's somehow easier in NYC which is only 5000 miles away!)

My question...if there anyone in the NY area that would be willing to host an out-of-towner for a couple hours on or around Saturday? All I really need is a place to park my truck and get some sleep before the festivities, and some helpful advice on getting around the town.

If there is, please contact by PM or email.

Cheers,

My question...if there anyone in the NY area that would be willing to host an out-of-towner for a couple hours on or around Saturday?
If there is, please contact by PM or email.

Cheers,

Hey stranger....are you looking to get it on? I can play poly for a couple of hours....honestly I love you :D HAHAHHAA!!! Good thing I know you or I wouldn't say this at all...seriously, I love poly people...honestly :rolleyes:

Hey, get your Mono ass back here! Yer MINE! and no one elses.... imaginary, you been flirting with my man.... that's it, I'm gunna smack your ass next poly meeting! :eek::cool:

Mono: That will all have to wait until Hali...there's no time for 'love' in NYC for me. Just check out the picnic, a couple sights, and gone. Worst case if there isn't anyone on here that can explain the subway to me, I'll just find a random parkade to crash in, and a map and I'll be all good.

Hey, get your Mono ass back here! Yer MINE! and no one elses.... imaginary, you been flirting with my man.... that's it, I'm gunna smack your ass next poly meeting! :eek::cool:

RP: Now who's flirting with who?

Ok Imaginary. What do you need to know about the subway? I'd love to offer up my house and actually meet you. I'm just WAY too close to popping out the baby to be able to gaurantee following through on that. Hubby wants to check out the polyness this year though so, if I'm not actively in labor, maybe we'll meet up anyway? PM me with whatever questions.

Good point!! How many asses do you need to smack LOL!! :rolleyes:

Mono: You seem to be getting really into this ass smacking idea...but I know you would probably get aggitated if there was more than one hand and one cheek involved.

XYZ: Awesome...will do.

Mono: You seem to be getting really into this ass smacking idea...but I know you would probably get aggitated if there was more than one hand and one cheek involved.

XYZ: Awesome...will do.

More than one hand and one cheek :eek: I never thought of that....no more S&M for me!

Wow the poly picnic was boring. It was nice meeting II in person. He says the actual mixers would probably be more fun and I agree.

Yeah....it was. It was like "Ah, so THAT'S who you are." I was not very nice the first day (some health issues causing utter grump day). But he came by today for a shower and breakfast and we got to talk a bit. I hope he liked NY.

Wow the poly picnic was boring. It was nice meeting II in person. He says the actual mixers would probably be more fun and I agree.

Yeah, fear of being bored was why husband and I didn't go (well... that and the subway being effed up all weekend). Granted, I could have gone for a bored day in the park but husband doesn't seem to tolerate boredom well.

Yeah....it was. It was like "Ah, so THAT'S who you are." I was not very nice the first day (some health issues causing utter grump day). But he came by today for a shower and breakfast and we got to talk a bit. I hope he liked NY.

Thanks again for your hospitality. Yes, I had a great time in NY. It will be well worth another visit to get in some things I didn't have time for. And of course the Museum of Sex got a lot of commentary from the wife & friends back home, so I imagine there will be plenty of people headed for that.

As you say though, I think next time I'll aim my trips to drive past the mixers instead of the rallies. That said, apparently the organizers were very happy with the turnout.

Cheers.

Hey guys I am in NYC area and would like to go to a meet up but am a bit nervous. I am only poly-curious, but with P who is poly. and I get a little anxious in social situations. Do you guys go to the coctail hour? My bf wanted me to go last time but I backed down on him. I am also not 21 (yet) but was told this shouldnt matter...idk though.

JustChristine, and I might be going to our 1st poly cocktail hour on 1/11, so if we go at least you'll have an online friend there. ;)

I'm in NYC at the moment but I won't be for much longer. I don't know why I didn't think of it before. Are there any poly meetups for New Year's?

~Raven~

JustChristine, and I will definitely be at the Poly Cocktail Hour on 1/11. This will be both of our first poly event.

Back