Why do you use the online name that you use?

Irish roots

Why do I use this online name?

...because I can trace my roots back to Ireland, and Erin is my alter-ego. Straight-laced professional by day...

We use SETXfamily for a very simple reason. We are a family that lives in the area of South East Texas (SETXfamily). The size of the family is currently at 4 (Dad, Mom, son and Daughter) but we are kind of hoping to add to it as time goes buy.

What can we say we are simple folks.:rolleyes:

I chose Sapphire because its my birth stone :)

I have not used it elsewhere on the internet at all. I have done some 'googling' of my other 'forum handles' and didnt really want a certain troll that we have who just thrives on giving us grief wherever possible to be able to track me! :)

Mine is something new that I've come up with for this forum. My usual online monikers have been with me since I was a teen and I've grown so much spiritually, emotionally, and sexually the last few years that I needed something different that gave me some measure of anonymity. Brigid is my patron; the Celtic goddess of the fire, healing, poetry, childbirth, and unity and I will forever be a daughter.

Our initials of the triad.. R, M, and C. (And I'm R.)
I kinda got the idea seeing our monogrammed stockings hanging in that order. ;)

I suppose it could be CMR but RMC just rolls off the tongue better. And M will always be in the middle because our triad started as a Vee with him in the hinge.

mine is from a soap opera if anyone of watch days of our lives there was a couple shawn and belle back in the date and they were my fave couple so as shipper there name was shelle and i just put baby coz i wanted to them to have a baby

...because it sums up the person I am - not following one system; choosing what seems to be the best (for me) from various teachings, experiences, doctrines, sources, and styles. I do not fit the stereotype people try to project on me. I strive to be well-rounded, well-informed, and different from the masses. The spelling is just a play on letters. This screenname is actually a name I use in various venues. It's my poetic name for my spoken word performances and it's the name I plan to use for a couple of business ventures.

why that online name?

I adore shiny, sparkly things. I grew up around high end jewelry stores and so got to see high quality sparkly things up close during my "formative years". (So now I am a bit of a jewelry snob which sometimes causes Beloved fits.)

I get distracted easily by the shiny. Shania Twain, who I think is a truly stunning woman, wore a shiny, bejeweled bra during her Super Bowl halftime performance several years ago. I thought my head was going to explode.

Finally, my birthstone is opal and while other precious stones may sparkle more brilliantly, none have the variety and fascination of the flickering of opals.

It's my first initial (T), my wife's first initial (L), forever...you too?

I chose "Vivien" because it comes from a Latin word meaning "living" or "alive". I don't think I've ever used it as a username before.

My nickname was Carla but my husband and I started joking that I was his Karma, all the good AND bad things he has done in his life coming back to him! So we decided to combine the 2 and call me Carma (not to mention that Karma was already taken on here :) ) The nickname exonerates me from all guilt with him, it seems! Because yes there are bad times but I think it really does even out. Also, he was a TOTAL heartbreaker in his past, right up to the moment he met me, and he did a complete turn-around. He spoils me rotten!

I should add 101010 to my nickname because that's the date we decided we were going to be a traid -- three "10"'s coming together, where everyone wins!

This is a fascinating thread -- thanks so much RP, I feel like I know you all now!

I love anything with "Indigo" because I am a die-hard Indigo Girls fan! But totally appreciated the Princess Bride reference :)

I love the user name choices that come from lyrics/poetry -- so beautiful. I love my poly friends :) This is such a creative community.

Chose mine because it was very often used on the web in other places, thus making it a bit more incognito. There are estimated 5,899,368 women in Ohio. LOL Guess which ones me? :p

Chose mine because it was very often used on the web in other places, thus making it a bit more incognito. There are estimated 5,899,368 women in Ohio. LOL Guess which ones me? :p
You're the one that's sane?

one of maybe a dozen probably!:p
GADS! :eek: I thought I might have KNIOWN you in real life! I know of a sane girl who lives in Ohio....But she lives closer to Columbus....Or at least she did when I knew her last. Knowing that there are actually MOST than ONE sane girls in Ohio is....odd? :p

Back