This is the sound of one voice...

lovefromgirl

I'm the token polyfi poster on a more-or-less "straight" relationship advice forum, and I don't hide it. Apparently this piqued someone's interest, because she not only asked me a question in a thread to which I'd responded, but started a whole other thread full of questions about poly.

:D

That was freaking rewarding. Oh, was it ever. These are folks who would not normally be exposed to anything outside the social norm, and now they're curious. The other piece of awesome there is the demographic -- the particular piece of the forum on which these questions were asked is mostly about infidelity, so I'm grateful for a chance to point out the differences and show people that yes, there is an alternative to cheating.

That's actually how I found the term polyamory! I was a regular poster on another web forum and someone was totally ragging on a woman who was in a poly relationship. A few questions from me later (I'm always taking the side of hte underdog and did then as well) I found the term and went on my own little web search which led me to lovemore.com and here. :)
THANK GOD!!!

Glad you had the chance to help people find understanding. That's awesome!

Back