New and Confused...

aurora

Hi,

Well im pretty new two this, i only discovered polyamory recently and its like a lightbulb went off in my head and i felt like the discription matched me, but i am not sure, im really confused.

Im 22, in south east melbourne australia and just broke up with my fiance of 3 years. In our relationship i did feel desires to be with other people, but did not want to be a cheater and when i mentioned a 3some to him he would always deny me. Now that it is over (its now been 2 1/2 months since it ended) i feel like i am ready for something more. I have already had one casual relationship but i felt like i was putting in 99% of the effort, then it ended without a conversation or notice, left me really confused. Im bi curious, never been with a women yet, but curious about it and wanting to find out more, but non of my girlfriends are similer to me even though i find them attractive.

I think im poly as i dont feel satisfied with just one partner, nor do i have much confidence to find more than one yet. I want to love all people men and women and have love and security, without the need to be locked to one person. I want to find out if poly is the missing puzzel peice in me. Am i on a right note here or am i off track?

I dont know if it will be the rest of my life, but i want to try and see if it feels right. But i also have alot of self confidence issues and can be very shy around new things. My friends say im pretty, but i have a hard time beliving that when i think im fat. I want people to want to be with me for me, not be having to ask for a fun time all the time. I like to think i have a very high desire level, but no one or ones to be with....?

Are there people around my age that feel the same? How do i find a Poly group or join in one? Are there any poly people in my area who i can talk with or get to know? I have not met one poly person in my life...???

Any comments would really help.

A.

There are people on here from Australia. You might want to look in the section for meet ups to see if there is anything there. Otherwise, make your self comfy here and look around. You are not alone. There is lots to know about and lots to learn if you are just starting to investigate. Welcome. :)

Hi Aurora,

Great to see another Aussie posting!

I'm from Healesville just out of Melbourne. Would love to chat more about it all if you would like. You can PM me if you like and go from there...

All the best!

dont hold back

Hi Aurora
Trust yourself and ask questions. This means internaly as well as of others. When you want to try somthing explore it in your head and body. See if its a path you wish to travel. Ask for others feedback and experiences, but remember you are an individual and your life is different to others in every way. Id love to chat with you more so if you have the time and questions PM me and I'd love to help.
Big hug
Dave

Back