A long time in coming

wiredpsyche

I've known I was the kind of person who could be poly for the last 10 years - had a few small experiements in it, most of which were with the wrong people whereas those of which were the right people were far too short (due to moving house and gosh I still miss them deeply).

Yet I kept trying to deny it: not that I felt it bad or even taboo - it is truly natural to me. It was just I kept falling for the kind of person who could only be strictly monogamous. My last 3 relationships have been that way and after a year or so in a monogamous relationship I begin to wilt, slowly and to the dismay of my partner.

I am finally realizing that I am what I am and I won't be fulfilled until I let myself be.

I'm here seeking the company of those who think alike to me, the comfort that what I want to be can indeed work (albeit with effort), and the reassurance that I am not the freak I've been proclaimed to be in the past (while I know it isn't true, the accusation still hurts and that hurt lingers).

I look forward to meeting all of you!

Welcome aboard.

Welcome!!! Seems like we may have some things in common?!?!? How old are you and what area do live in?? Just curious!!! Keep reading and sharing!! There are a lot of supportive people here. This forum has helped me a lot.

Thanks Autumnal!

Idealist, I am in central AZ and I am 26. :)

Don't worry you are not a freak. :) I believe there are many more people like us than there are people who are truly monogomous and are happy that way.

Back