The Name

Hey everyone,
I just had a very nice individual give me some information about my user name and I feel the need to clairify it. Appearently a "cowgirl" is construde as someone not very popular among polys.
I need to clarify that I am a "Cowgirl" In the literal sence. I run a small ranch, I ride horses and break them as well, I have chickens and fix barbwire fence, thats the "cowgirl" im talking about so please dont take anything else from the name.
Live, Love, Laugh.
Cowgirl

I would think most people would understand that usernames are often chosen before a person has much insider knowledge to the lingo and workings of poly.com, HOWEVER if you want to make extra sure, you can make a signature that shows up at the bottom of your posts that includes some sort of cowgirl-oriented quote or disclaimer. :)

Either way, welcome, and I hope you're able to find what you are looking for here.

Haha! I never actually thought that. Until I saw that you are in Colorado, I saw you name and wondered if you were from Alberta, Canada.

So yes, km34 is right, edit your signature to clarify that, just in case.

Welcome!

Hi CG on the Rocks,

I don't think you should worry too much about your name; people will get used to it and come to take it in context. You can always put a siggy line in your posts if you feel that's needed.

Actually, I find it kind of fun to have a "real cowgirl" on our threads and boards. I hope you will come to feel at home here!

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Thanks everyone. I will put a signature on it just to help eleveate some potential stress from others.
I hope to make tons of new friends here. As well as learn and grow.
CG

Yeah, I definitely think that you can use it to your advantage as a humourous element!

Maybe we should have a mini-competition about the best funny tag line that she could use.

(and since i haven't said it yet - welcome!)

Yeah, I definitely think that you can use it to your advantage as a humourous element!

Maybe we should have a mini-competition about the best funny tag line that she could use.

(and since i haven't said it yet - welcome!)

LoL...Ciel. I made a tag line but that would be fun to see what people come up with. Thank you all.

How about? -

"Nope, not THAT kind of 'cowgirl' - I lasso horses not men (...unless they are into that sorta thing :p)."

Sourgirl, a member here, also works with horses and considers herself a real-life cowgirl, if I am not mistaken. I know she dislikes how the term is used in poly.

But I think you could ask a Moderator to change your username for you, if you have another one in mind.

Thanks NY, Im gonna keep my name mainly because its who I am. Im not the type of person who changes who I am because other people dont like it. Ya know?
I am who I am. Im not out to steal anyones man or men.

Thanks for the advise though.
CG

I agree. Keep your name. It's who you are.

Besides, cowgirls roamed the range long before poly coined the term as something negative.

Forum Friends, what do we call the male equivalent of Poly "Cowgirls"?

Back