A funny story

Ragabash

I'm in a distance learning class, and it's not unusual for students to talk about a few elements of their personal lives, at least to some extent. Earlier this week this led me to discover just how much my personal paradigm has shifted...

One of my fellow students was talking about how her girlfriend didn't like her husband that much, and I immediately started to think, thankfully to myself, how much of a strain that would put on the relationship... until I suddenly realised that she wasn't meaning girlfriend in the sense that I was thinking about it. I was suddenly glad that I didn't make the comments I had been about to.

I've been chuckling about it for the last couple of days, and Tonberry found it funny as well so I thought I had to share.

Has anyone else had moments like that?

Hey Rag,

<chuckling> yeppers ! Sure have. MANY of them.
And I surprise myself sometimes by actually going forward with "what I was going to say" anyway to see what kind of response it draws. Usually with a shit-eating grin on my face :)

it has sparked some interesting discussions.

GS

Hi Ragabash!
No not in an amusing sense as yours...but I have wondered about certain dynamics of people I have known for years. I wonder just how common poly or open marriages are. I had to laugh though because if someone ever did make a casual, ambiguous comment as such...I may speak before thinking...I have a tendency to do that!:eek:

Back