Hello All

al32

Hello all very interested in Polly, how do you go about getting into the life style. Looking for Poly females in Chicago area. Any tips????

Last edited:
Hello all very interested in Polly, how do you go about getting into the life style. Looking for Polly females in Chicago area. Any tips????

I'm sorry... I'm having a chuckle at your expense. I'm seeing a parrot in my mind's eye... ya know... Polly wanna cracker and all of that.

It's poly with one L : )

(feel free to laugh back at me sometime, k)

The best tip would be to find a local poly group and go to one of their get-togethers and meet other similarly=minded folks.

As for "getting into it", I'm not sure quite what you mean. Being poly is about being able to love more than one openly and honestly, so getting into it is just about finding people that you love. No different from monogamous dating, except that you don't stop when you find one.... and, when you are dating more than one, you make sure that everyone knows and is comfortable with it.

The rest lies in the details, about what type of poly you are looking for (there are many types). I suggest you do some reading around here, and learn some of the poly terminology. Check out http://www.xeromag.com/fvpoly.html which has some excellent articles for thos getting started.

Good luck on your journey. Please feel free to ask questions here if we can help.

Thank you CielDuMatin for the info really appreciate that. How are your relationships going?

Thank you CielDuMatin for the info really appreciate that. How are your relationships going?
THey are going really, really well, thank you very much for asking! :)

Hi al32,
Welcome to our forum.

Like CielDuMatin said, one of your first steps is finding out if there are any poly groups local to you. Try "polyamory Chicago" on Google, you might get some hits.

On this site, you can go to the "Dating & Friendships" area (use "Forum Jump," bottom of this page, right hand side, to get to it), to see if there's anyone in the Chicago area sharing in your search.

Another important way of "getting into poly" is learning as much as you can about it, so take your time to read various threads on this forum, and go ahead and post if you have any thoughts, questions, concerns, etc.

Anywayz ... glad you're with us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back