intro :)

Joyce

Hi to all of you,

I'm Joyce, 23 years young, female. Currently finishing my study for art therapy. I think I could subscribe myself as very sensitive, enthusiastic, optimistic, caring and also very stubborn.
I am married with Robin for almost a year :), being together for almost three years now. And also in a relationship with J. since 5 months :eek::confused:.

I'm not sure adding a second relationship to my life was the best choice I have ever made. ;) And now I can't, and do not want either, undo this choice.. That's something most people don't seem to understand. :(

The situation is more or less like this right now: I finally see that I need to take serious care for my marriage with Robin. And I really want and love to, too. So that's a good thing..
But I also feel pretty stupid that I have let it come thát far. I almost completely blew up my marriage. And that is something I definitely don't want and didn't meant to happen.

I choose to not meet J. at least three weeks, and if necessary longer. In the upcoming period hopefully we (Robin and I) can get things sorted out and we will try to clear things up. I attend to see the situation positive and try to see the opportunities and possibilities that will make it possible to live a happy life that suits all of us.

One other imported info-thing, of which I don't know the influence yet, is that J. and his wife definitive ended their marriage yesterday.

Well. I think that is the intro I can give you.
Again, Hi, nice to meet you. :)

Joyce

Welcome, Joyce. I just want to tell you not to waste time and energy beating yourself up for how things have gone. There is no use in punishing or berating oneself. Your eyes are open now, so just look around you and try to stay aware of how you affect those closest to you. Self-awareness is key. Try to find patience and compassion for yourself as you work on your marriage, examine what makes you happy, and find ways to move forward, taking care of yourself and your husband as you go.

It is indeed nice to meet you, too!

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like there is a bit going on in your world. First and foremost, you must take care of you and make sure you are in a good place. Next comes your marriage and working towards repairing whatever issues exist there so that both you and your husband can be at ease and comfortable in your relationship. It seems like J needs a break of his own to sort through his healing process at the demise of his marriage or just the complications in it so it's good to give him his space. I hope it all works out.

Back