Greetings from Old England

xmakina

Hi all,

I'm Alex. 22, male and engaged to a wonderful girl. We both got into Poly early last year. She has another b/f, I'm still looking for a second partner.

Came here from the Polyamory UK Livejournal, hoping to make some friends from around the world who "get" poly and don't just think we're swingers (or greedy)!

So, yes. Any questions, just ask :)

Hi all,

I'm Alex. 22, male and engaged to a wonderful girl. We both got into Poly early last year. She has another b/f, I'm still looking for a second partner.

Came here from the Polyamory UK Livejournal, hoping to make some friends from around the world who "get" poly and don't just think we're swingers (or greedy)!

So, yes. Any questions, just ask :)

And a bloody welcome to ye man !
So good to see someone new to add a little international flavor here. So far what I've seen seems to be primarily N. America. Not a bad thing but diversity is awesome.
Please bring all your friends too !

Enjoy !

GS

Hello Alex, welcome to the forum.

Ex-pat brit myself, now living in the US - only discovered poly once I got on this side of the pond - glad to see that there is a thriving community there. Would be interested to hear how acceptance of the lifestyle goes in general.

Thanks for the greetings. I'll be sure to pass the forum address around :)

Hello Alex, welcome to the forum.

Ex-pat brit myself, now living in the US - only discovered poly once I got on this side of the pond - glad to see that there is a thriving community there. Would be interested to hear how acceptance of the lifestyle goes in general.

To be honest, extremely positive so far. Two tabloids (Metro and News Of The World) have both run very positive stories about Polyamory and I've not heard of any negative press.

From where I stand, poly and bisexuality are very closely linked (for not unsurprising reasons, really) so we get a lot of second-hand backing from the larger LGBT organisations around the country, although we're a bit more "indy" which is kinda fun. It's like being on the cutting edge of social issues.

To be honest, extremely positive so far. Two tabloids (Metro and News Of The World) have both run very positive stories about Polyamory and I've not heard of any negative press.
The News of the World ran a story on poly and they didn't make it all about the sex? SHOCKING! ;)

It's like being on the cutting edge of social issues.
Sort of the cutting edge of the cutting edge. ;)

Back