Hi from the Canadian East Coast :)

LOL yes brainstorming! I love that word! I love you for being so specific and making me re-think what I type! I DO mean brainstorming. Thinking of different scenarios not PLANNING all of our lives for the next decade! Thanks Hun! xxx

hehe glad to help.

I always amuse myself at how I hate labels so much, but I'm such a stickler for using vocabulary accurately. It seems like such a contradiction, but I don't think it really is. Labels are about telling people "how to be" based on some word someone else sticks on them. Vocabulary is about using different words to distinguish subtleties between different ideas.

I always liked those brainstorming exercises in class. "No idea is wrong, everything goes on the board, we'll discuss them all later." It really emphasizes how people think differently. Throwing out ideas too early is basically the same as getting attached to one specific outcome. If you put down every possibility you can think of, you'll be better prepared to react when new information comes along. You won't have to start from scratch just because The Plan no longer fits.

Back