Better to Love and lost?

TL4everu2

Anyone who says "it's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all", has never been in love. :(

I was deeply in love with someone. They went a different path. I was hurt and felt pain. I now look back on my time with good memories. I didn't need to make them a villian.

I have also hurt someone. They without contact or letting me know moved 6 states and showed up on my doorstep with all these expectations. I wasn't able to return them. Hadn't heard from this guy in over a year and he was very hurt and became bitter over the situation. I still have wonderful memories of our time togather. I am glad we had them. I feel sad things ended between us the way they did.

I once had a friend who lived near a Native American. He told her that being in love is to put a star into the sky. Even when the love falls apart, the star is still there as extra light to all others walking in the night.

That story helped me a little during a bad breakup. I still hurt for a long time, but I realize that my love had changed me. And if I had not loved that person, I would not be who I am today.

When love is lost, it is indeed painful. especially when the feelings linger. but whenit comes to love i like to think of it like Garth Brooks song the dance
"I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance "
those memories hurt for now, but i promise from personal experience...eventually...they will keep your heart warm instead of causing u pain.

keep dancing my fellow heartbroken person....

I once had a friend who lived near a Native American. He told her that being in love is to put a star into the sky. Even when the love falls apart, the star is still there as extra light to all others walking in the night.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Simple but poignant wisdom ! Thanks for sharing this :)

Love is never lost - only posession - and as in the Native traditions, the giving & sharing represent the true value.

GS

The person who can say "it is better to love and lost than to never had loved at all" is a person speaking with great wisdom - based on a wider perspective. When we're in pain, our world - our vision - becomes very narrow. We can't see much beyond our pain. As the pain subsides, we can send the broader perspective and fully appreciate the joy that love bought into your life. Waiting for that perspective can feel like a lifetime too long, but it comes.

This is all assuming that it was really love and not insecure attachment. With love there is a measure of joy that gets shared that can be re-enjoyed with broader perspective. With insecure attachment, the loss just reinforces our fears and sends us further down the rabbit hole.

That story helped me a little during a bad breakup. I still hurt for a long time, but I realize that my love had changed me. And if I had not loved that person, I would not be who I am today.

That's beautiful and gives hope to me. Thank you.

Anyone who says "it's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all", has never been in love. :(

I think this is a good statement for anyone who has loved and not hurt the one they loved.

I believe that some people would have been better off never being loved by me at all. In return, I believe it would have been better to have not loved them at all.

Losing some one you love is far less painful than hurting some one you love.

The brighter the star I was, the bigger the black hole I left behind...I doubt if there's much twinkle left in the skies of those I hurt....but that gives me something to strive for :eek:

"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with the psycho for the rest of your life." ;)

Sigh...a lot of things going on here...but...I will live another day...I will advance forward and not fall back...I am a martial artist and I will fight and fight and fight until I simply can't fight anymore. However, I'm not fighting to keep a relationship going that is only going to go one way. Know what I mean?

Yes, the love is given and returned, but the other part won't fight the same way, for the people they want. When someone is not as passionate about a relationship as the other, the other person must either be patient and wait...or move on. I'm tired of being abused, and am moving on.

I'm SO fortunate that I'm married to my wife....At least SHE has her head on right! LOL She rights me during the storms of my life and keeps me on course. How luck am I?

Maybe loving simply shows us what is possible. For me, I would have never believed it if I didn't experience this last round of love/lust/NRE....whatever the fuck it was! ;) It was so sensational. I will be much more receptive to all forms of love in the future, should she ever come knocking on my door again!

Thats awesome Pollypocket!

I wish I were as forgiving....or whatever....as you are. I have decided to close the doors and not allow myself to be put into such a situation again. It's too painful to everyone involved. Myself included.

I will be much more receptive to all forms of love in the future, should she ever come knocking on my door again!

Clarification....'she' does not equal 'C', 'she' equals LOVE....er, it may be 'he'. :rolleyes:

Thats ok Pollypocket. My statement about your being forgiving still stands. ;)

misquoted but close

"Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

Ok i know a bit tripe, but having just lost someone I loved very dearly this is how im trying to look at that relationship and life. Maybe its of little help, but it helped me. I have lost others i loved dearly as they went down their own paths. Im pretty sure this probably will not be the last loss- although i hope so. However, I remember them all with love and not bitterness. I feel that is a plus.

In love and light
Vespillo

That actually DOES help a bit. Thank you. :)

Back