Looking for guidance

I admit the three things she mentioned didn't seem like a big deal to me, especially the hugging. Sheesh, people hug all the time; it in no way implies some kind of a romantic connection.

The best compromise I can think of is to go easy on the touching *when she's watching.* When she's not around or steps away for a minute you have an opportunity to show some affection without offending her. But I don't know how tightly she clings to him. It sounds like she might have some control issues.

Keep in mind that your ex chooses to be with her, so he has to accept a share of the blame for this censorship that has come between you and him. Depending on how important it is to him to maintain physical touch with his exes, he may want to consider looking for a new partner. It's his decision.

Sure, find out if you ex is uncomfortable with the touching. At least then you'd know where you stand on a theoretical level.

I'd continue as normal unless your ex says he wants it to stop. If he wants it to stop, I'd tell her that I am only stopping because he wants to pander to your insecurities, just so she knows that she has them. But then I can often be a cunt.

Hahahaha London. I think she knows she has insecurities, I mean, my ex has told me straight out that she admits to feeling insecure and threatened.

Kevin, I know right? I get the vibe that she's just jealous of the special connection my ex and I share. I know 100% that he wouldn't break up with any girlfriend just because he couldn't be physically close with one of his ex's. I had a crazy day so I haven't asked him what he thinks yet, will keep you posted.

In other news, doc says everything is normal. Thank-you universe!

Hahahaha London. I think she knows she has insecurities, I mean, my ex has told me straight out that she admits to feeling insecure and threatened.

Kevin, I know right? I get the vibe that she's just jealous of the special connection my ex and I share. I know 100% that he wouldn't break up with any girlfriend just because he couldn't be physically close with one of his ex's. I had a crazy day so I haven't asked him what he thinks yet, will keep you posted.

In other news, doc says everything is normal. Thank-you universe!

Yeah...she's trying to control HER reality through limiting YOUR actions. That's not cool. If your EX doesn't like her freaking out about the contact then it's between you and him that said contact stops. If SHE was your friend then I'd say it was a different story. But until your EX says to lay off, I would just rock YOU...as you are. You sound like a very self-expressed individual...playing Pinnocchio to her Gepetto will only lead to more. News flash! She's not going to like you no matter what...so why harsh your mellow over it?

Glad the tests have given you a new lease! Use it wisely young Padawan! :-*

My ex said he doesn't have any problems with our physical interactions, but he respects how his girlfriend feels and told her he would stop. Hugging is apparently fine.

*MASSIVE EYE ROLL*

Well, I'm glad we got the hugging back. That would a crazy thing to forbid.

As I said, this new relationship with this new girlfriend was entered into entirely voluntarily by your ex. So you can't just blame her; he has chosen this relationship, and is going along with her edicts.

"You can't always get what you want ...
You can't always get what you want ...
You can't always get what you want ...
But if you try sometime, you just might find
You get what you need."
-- Rolling Stones

Back