Poly Vignettes: Sharing Success & Happiness

It does feel good, doesn`t it ? :) One of those things, you don`t realize was missing until you get it. I know I feel much more relaxed in the moment, knowing my husband and fwb`s are actual friends that hang out of their own accord.

Yes it's astonishingly great and such an unexpected feeling to experience, I just love it and this moment keeps repeating itself over and over again :). They are great!

the simple signs of acceptance

Since my suite flooded I have been basically living in the same space as RP and PN. They are wonderful and have really done a lot to make sure that I am comfortable and getting space. It's tricky for all of us, as we all need our privacy, but we are working as a family to make it through.

Redpepper's mom and dad both extended an offer for me to live in their suite until my place is fixed up. The genuine concern they have shown me is heartwarming and a solid reminder that they have welcomed me into the family.

Since my suite flooded I have been basically living in the same space as RP and PN. They are wonderful and have really done a lot to make sure that I am comfrotable and getting space. It's tricky for all of us as we all need our privacy but we are working as a family to make it through.

Redpepper's Mom and Dad both extended an offer for me to live in thier suite until my place is fixed up. The genuine concern they have shown me is heart warming and a solid reminder that they have welcomed me into the family.

I've been wondering how that's working for you. Glad to hear it is! :)

glad to hear you've been accepted by the family, mono! I can't imagine how awesome that must feel!
As an update, my boyfriend and husband actually like each other now. They talk like they're old friends or something. It's so...strange to me. I had never considered a structure quite like this in my exploration of poly, but I'm certainly not complaining!

glad to hear you've been accepted by the family, mono! I can't imagine how awesome that must feel!
As an update, my boyfriend and husband actually like each other now. They talk like they're old friends or something. It's so...strange to me. I had never considered a structure quite like this in my exploration of poly, but I'm certainly not complaining!

Sounds great! I'm glad you are thriving and enjoying the change in their dynamic. It really can work and there are some great examples for metamour friendships on here for sure:)

Family continuing to grow closer :)

We just got back from a weekend at RP's parent's island cottage. The weekend was filled with group projects to make the vacation spot even more comfortable, creating bonding moments. I spent a lot of time working one-on-one with her dad, which was a lot of fun and brought us closer together. He respects hard work, but also likes to have a good conversation over a glass of wine or beer, two things I can really sink my teeth into!!

Everyone chipped in lots and RP's son had a blast learning about the graffiti superstar Banksy through a book and movie that he watched with his grandmother.

Next it is mine and RP's turn to go to the cottage alone for a birthday getaway. There was a time when we were forbidden to even go there; hard to imagine now. :)

Next it is mine and RP's turn to go to the cottage alone for a birthday getaway. There was a time when we were forbidden to even go there....hard to imagine now :)

I am so happy for you! I have dreams of this happening...congrats!

My coworker sent me a job ad today, as she knew Mr. A was looking for work a while back. (He's since found a very good job.)

It was just very thoughtful!

what an amazing family you have, annabel. :)

As an update, my boyfriend and I have been moving along with my husband and me to create more a more comfortable situation for all of us. We sat down and had a long discussion the other day. Basically, my boyfriend wanted to let my husband know that they were both there to make me happy and love me, and that he wasn't going to try to steal me, but he was going to be here for a while, and he wasn't going to be stranger around the house...not a "guy on the side" type of deal, but a real relationship. :)
They have a great metamour relationship starting, I think, we were just hanging out for hours, and it wasn't awkward for them, but I am still getting used to how to show affection to both of them when we're all in the same room. It takes time, I guess, but I am truly happy.

On Thursday, after game, I curled up with my head in Wendigo's lap while he and Runic Wolf played an old video game favorite of Wendigo's that came in the Sonic game collection we bought for Yoda's birthday. At midnight both of my guys kissed me happy birthday and we "celebrated" until 3:00 in the morning. :)

They have a great metamour relationship starting, I think, we were just hanging out for hours, and it wasn't awkward for them, but I am still getting used to how to show affection to both of them when we're all in the same room. It takes time, I guess, but I am truly happy.

Yes, it does take time, but is well worth the patience. :) More time as a group will help this process along, and keep checking in!

what an amazing family you have, annabel. :)

As an update, my boyfriend and I have been moving along with my husband and me to create more a more comfortable situation for all of us. We sat down and had a long discussion the other day. Basically, my boyfriend wanted to let my husband know that they were both there to make me happy and love me, and that he wasn't going to try to steal me, but he was going to be here for a while, and he wasn't going to be stranger around the house...not a "guy on the side" type of deal, but a real relationship. :)

Thanks, I certainly think so. :)

It sounds like you're in a great position to move forward! Congrats!

On Thursday, after game, I curled up with my head in Wendigo's lap while he and Runic Wolf played an old video game favorite of Wendigo's that came in the Sonic game collection we bought for Yoda's birthday. At midnight both of my guys kissed me happy birthday and we "celebrated" until 3:00 in the morning. :)

Beautiful. :D

Hardly ever post but wanted to share this success(es)

This past year has been one of many ups and downs as we have been incorporating ML, DW's girlfriend into our family. Most of the downs have resulted from outside issues (ML's mom being diagnosed with cancer and treatments now being declined by her, issues with my family, my break-ups).

July was really tough, as my then boyfriend ended our relationship because he could no longer handle the jealousy in his primary relationship. DW observed that this seemed like the hardest break-up because there was nothing "wrong" with our relationship. I think this was a big contributing factor; add it to the fact that I am madly in love with my boyfriend and that this time of year is very difficult for me and, well, it's been a bit rough. We broke up about two weeks before DW and ML celebrated their one year anniversary.

*BUT* here's the success and happiness part...I decided to go ahead and go to the VT poly weekend even though I would be going alone. I got there, and was overwhelmed by emotion at not having my boyfriend there *and* seeing his ex being very physically affectionate with her boyfriend, which was a huge issue in the relationship between she and my boyfriend. Confusing, sorry. I strongly considered leaving but am thankful that something in me chose to stay. Here's an excerpt of what I wrote to the group after the event:

"It's not that my recent experiences have shaken my faith as a whole in polyamory as I am a firm believer in the sustainability of the lovestyle and know it is the right fit for me. It is very atypical of me to avoid interpersonal challenges or to hesitate when forming connections with people but I have been finding myself uncharacteristically hesitant to enter new romantic relationships for fear of the potential emotional pain. I am so thankful for how you all lifted me up this weekend and helped to remind me that while there may be pain, there is far too much beauty in nurturing relationships to let fear win. "

I did meet one or two potential partners, but honestly, that's not the best part. On Sunday, they had a discussion group where we could all discuss topics of interest to us. What I wrote down was "how to celebrate your love's love when you are grieving".

A few people in the group had some wonderful things to say to me, but it was looking over at ML and seeing her smile and nod her head when someone was expressing how I was depriving them of the honor of supporting me, that touched me so deeply. We've had challenges in the past where both of us have filled in meaning for the others' non-verbals that we had no business filling in. In that moment, it all just disappeared. I felt so connected to her. We are doing really well now and really acting as a cohesive unit. She has been coming down on Tuesdays to help us get the kids to their various activities on opposite sides of town and we've just enjoyed being together.

We are finally about to put the garage on that will have a room/in-law type space above it and so we have begun very preliminary talks about having her move in with us. We are actually fortunate that the contractor can't do the building (only the foundation) before the spring (and good for him for having enough work!), so this gives us time to really be thoughtful and make the transition smoothly.

I'm currently 2 hours away from home for my new job (haven't worked outside the home in 10 years!), so she stayed last night to help out and to see if the commute to work was better than she feared.

All in all, things are good! I am not rushing into any new relationships and instead going out on dates as friends that may lead to more or may not. And spending more time connecting with DW separately and with he and his gf. :D

Back