Good evening all

Malich

Not going to make this a major post for an introduction, I am sure you can find out more later if you want to.

I'm a married man from the UK. Currently my wife has a number of other partners and I am just starting to get back into the swing of things following a bad break up last year.

Not specifically using this site as a place to find someone... more another place to meet like minded people and get myself into the habit of interacting with them.

So, that's me in a nutshell, if you want more information then ask away and if not, then I shall just worm my way slowly into the population.

Mal

Greetings Mal,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Sorry to hear about last year's breakup. How long have you and your wife had an open/poly relationship?

Glad to have you with us, I'm sure you'll find there's a lot of good people you can talk to here.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Good morning... Well, morning, 2am is an indecent time to be awake.

Thank you for the welcome.

My wife and I have been open since we got together about 12 years back now. She's Bi so I always knew she'd need more than me. The other guys and the poly part of it came along later. I didn't really have another long term partner until about 5 years back and didn't have someone I loved until 2012. It was losing her that was the bad break up.

So, after a year, I am just about ready to try again assuming I can find the right someone.

One never knows when the right person will come along. I always recommend starting with a platonic friendship, so you know you can trust the person, then if it turns into something more, great, but it doesn't have to.

The thing is, though, no matter how you approach a new relationship, there is always going to be a risk of a broken heart (or three). Sometimes you just have to have faith that the reward is worth the risk.

Good luck and pleasant dreams! :)
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Yeah. I am, alas, fully prepared for a few false starts.

Thankfully I have a few good friends to fall back on when tje proverbial hits the fan.

Yes, a safety net is a good thing. ;)

Thankfully I have two or three people who know me really well and who, despite being online only, are true friends and always there in a pinch.

Proving that the internet doesn't always drive people apart ...

There is that. However, as a bit of an introvert I find it a great tool for meeting people. Of my most recent partners (ans by recent I mean within the last 8 years) 8 of the 9 of them I met first online.

Mostly that's a work issue leaving me with limited energy on week nights which is improving and will do so more when I find a better job. Then I hope to be a bit more real life social :)

Well real life social is good too ... :D

Playing the dating game on hard mode, eh? :cool:

Back