Poly Vignettes: Sharing Success & Happiness

Mono, I saw the picture of the ring Redpepper bought you. Very cool!

Loved the pictures of your chosen family. You all look incredibly happy! It's nice to put faces to the names. Thanks for sharing!

Kat

You're welcome :)

A couple days ago, Redpepper and I took a thermos of coffee and sat on the rocks by the ocean. As we chatted, I once again realized, beyond our intimate connection, just how amazing a friend she is. I'm a lucky man. :)

It's a sad time right now in our lives, but my small story of success and happiness is this:

In the midst of this crisis in our lives (DD's friends suicide), it was so nice to be able to hold one kid in my arms and see that because we do have a poly family, there were enough of us to hold each kiddo AND still have support for those of us holding a kiddo.
Being able to curl up in Maca's arms afterwards and feel the reassurance of his arms.
When he left for work, to be able to curl up in GG's arms instead of being alone.
Having Em checking in to be sure that the girls were okay this afternoon.

Just happy to have such a great poly family!!

When he left for work, to be able to curl up in GG's arms instead of being alone.
Having Em checking in to be sure that the girls were ok this afternoon.

Just happy to have such a great poly-family!!

:) That would definitely be a benefit of having an extended family, LR. There can be so much support in these times.

Watching the family blush

Yesterday I got to experience quite a funny and yet touching time. Redpepper, Polynerdist, their son and I got together for supper and an early birthday celebration for my little buddy. I mowed the lawn. After some great food prepared by Redpepper, and cooked by Polynerdist, I read their son a story before bedtime and then we headed to the deck to relax in the sun. Derbylicious came by for a nice visit and then it was time for a family schedule/check in time.

We talked about the relationships in our lives and got to do some teasing. For obvious reasons, I was impervious to the blush-inducing taunts of girlfriend/boyfriend talk. :)

We also discussed what the future of cohabitation is looking like and have a better sense of our time frame.

Our Google calendar is very full this summer (for me) and almost overwhelming to look at LOL! There is lots of family, friends, fun and adventure coming up. Happy times :)

That's excellent, Mon! It's so wonderful to read all the great positive's in your life now!

I'm so looking forward to sitting on the deck in the evening and just enjoying the camaraderie! ;)

Mono is going away for 9 days tomorrow for work. He is in the military. Being away is a common occurrence, but this is the first time he has had to go in the time we have known each other.

He has written me several notes to be opened at various times while he is away. For a year now, he has left me love notes in the park by the ocean that I run to. He leaves them in a little crevice in a stone monument at the park. We have had to change the spot a few times as we are found out eventually and notes go missing. One time someone wrote us back to say how lovely they were.

He won't be here to write them, so has left me instructions to open a different note on a different day marked on the outside of the small handmade envelope. They are precious little things and I love them as is. I don't know if I will open them when he says, as they are like presents. I was never good at opening presents. I liked the idea of the mystery inside.

Oh, I will miss his touch, his smell, his closeness in my life.

I know, Derby. I hear you saying, "Whateverrrr." I don't care. I am not used to this kind of lifestyle. Fortunately, I won't have to be in the same way you are. I really don't know how you do it... I'm a wuss. So there. :)

I know, Derby. I hear you saying, "Whateverrrr." I don't care, I am not used to this kind of lifestyle. Fortunately, I won't have to be in the same way you are. I really don't know how you do it... I'm a wuss. So there. :)

I'm not thinking that at all. I know how hard it is to be apart from those that we love. Just because it's not as long as the trips that DH takes doesn't mean it's not going to be hard. DH and I were together for 10 years before he left for the first time. We had been through a lot together already. Plus we started out in a long-distance relationship. I don't doubt for a second that this trip is going to be hard on you. When you're used to being physically with someone every day, it's going to be a shock to the system to be apart. Keep yourself busy and the time will go quickly.

<3
Derby

Mono is going away for 9 days tomorrow for work. He is in the military, being away is a common occurrence, but the first time he has had to go in the time we have known each other.

He has written me several notes to be opened at various times while he is away. .

:)

I got quite choked up when you found them on the table. I love you.

MON!

You really should NOT say those things! Telling her you got choked up makes my heart thump!

:)

Love you guys!
LR

Back