S.G Syndrome!!

Don’t take this too seriously it’s more of a tongue in cheek forum post.
I think I am suffering from SGS - Which is Sad Git Syndrome. Ha ha!
I’m sitting here flicking through the forum pages half laughing to myself and half wondering why and how it is that some people can handle adapt and engage in two or more relationships while I sit here struggling to make just one relationship work for me.
Do you think there are any magical ingredients, is there a specific type of person who is more successful in personal relationships than others. Please - your thoughts on a postcard please!!

Poor SG ;)

Yes I actually do think that some people are just better relationship people than others.

I have virtually been in a relationship since I was 17. I did have a long marriage but I have moved from one relationship to another, with very little time in between and I would consider all my relationships pretty successful (although marriage not-so-great in latter years).

I think the best relationship people like people. We are good communicators, affectionate, value our relationship and can compromise. How do you do in those areas?

Maybe there's something a bit genetic in it as well. My mother, sister and daughters are all the same.

Poor SG ;)

Yes I actually do think that some people are just better relationship people than others.

I have virtually been in a relationship since I was 17. I did have a long marriage but I have moved from one relationship to another, with very little time in between and I would consider all my relationships pretty successful (although marriage not-so-great in latter years).

I think the best relationship people like people. We are good communicators, affectionate, value our relationship and can compromise. How do you do in those areas?

Maybe there's something a bit genetic in it as well. My mother, sister and daughters are all the same.
That's interesting, I actually read something the other day that mentioned looking at your family around you and how well they do in relationships is actually a really good way to tell how well you might do. Or if you're looking for a partner, see how their brother and sister do in relationships and stuff.

My mum and dad split when I was about 2 I think, but she's been with Dave for quite a while now and they seem really happy with each other. They are actually on their way to Canada at the moment for a little holiday. They do great. So I'm not sure exactly what that means for me. Maybe just that I'll find some good and some bad relationships. =P

Hi

Perhaps I am the common denominator in my failed relationships.
Maybe relationships are just not my thing.
I find both your posts helpful. Thanks x

Some people are just better at communication than others. However, this is a skill that can be learned. Reading here how others here negotiate to get their needs met should help you in the long run, if you feel motivated to learn.

Self Loving is a crucial part of having healthy and happy relations with others, especially intimate relations (with "intimacy" here including emotional, intellectual, physical, etc.). Most of us have some healing and growth do do in this regard. And there are clear, known ways to advance this healing and growth.

I highly recommend this book as a great example of guidance in this regard.:

http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?p=66424#post66424

Last edited:
Back