Open to new ideas, yet still reserved

lovingpair3

Hello there, just wanted to say Hi, we are a married M/F couple from PEI, Canada.
We ventured into the idea of being with a third (female) back in November, to ur surprise we had a short lived triad relationship and it was exciting and good for us.
I don't believe we are or ever will be truly poly but want to know more for sure and very excited to have someone join our marrriage again.

First question... where do we meet like minded people other than here?

Thank you very much, POF is where we have done most of our looking as well as Adult Friend Finder... But we tend to offend a lot of people on POF!

Would love to try meeting people the old fashioned way, but how does one start a conversation like that?

I don't know; I've always been an advocate of getting to know someone as a friend first, but if it's a dating situation right from the start, it's important to let the other person know early on that you're poly. I suppose you could just say, "You know, I should let you know that I'm polyamorous." Then let them take the lead on where the conversation goes, such as if they don't know what polyamory is, in which case you can describe it to them.

I'm not as familiar with POF, but OKCupid has a pretty good reputation for being poly-friendly. Plus on OKC you can put right on your profile that you're poly, and explain what that is. That way anyone who looks at your profile will already know.

Hope that helps,
KDT

Back