An introduction from a married couple with a gf

bikerdre

Hi everybody. my wife and i are very new to this and have just embarked on our first real poly relationship with a girl who is also experiencing this for the first time. so far, it is amazing and interesting and scary at the same time. We were swingers for a few years and have both got tired of sex without any real connection. my wife and i met this girl at our local corner store and have been in love with her ever since. she has since moved in and begun to share every aspect of our lives. we are currently working on dealing with the complexity of this relationship but moreso the complexity of everybody elses closed mindset. i look forward to sharing our stories, problems, and triumphs over the time to come

amazing and interesting and scary

Yes, that is an excellent summation...welcome to the roller-coaster!

i look forward to sharing our stories, problems, and triumphs over the time to come

We look forward to sharing with you as well! Read. Enjoy. Share.

Welcome to the Forum!

JaneQ

Hello bikerdre,
Welcome to our forum.

Polyamory can be quite an emotional experience. Hang in there if it gets tough, and know that the rewards are worth it. It's almost always helpful to work on communication, so keep those channels open as well.

Sorry to hear you've encountered some closed-mindedness from other people. Have you told many people about your poly status? Some poly people (such as myself) remain closeted (unfortunately).

Glad you could join us, and I'm sure you'll have much to share.

Regards,
Kevin T.

yeah, i have told a lot of people about our poly relationship. im of the feeling that if they dont like it or agree with it, then tough. i really dont have a problem with losing friends or family over it. kind of helps to let you know who is really there for you. It is harder for the wife to handle but we are all working on that aspect of things together

Yeah, that's for sure, letting people know about your poly status must surely reveal who your real friends (and family) are.

The people who now know you're poly, did they know about it when you were swinging? How well did they react to that? (I'm just curious.)

Yes a lot of them knew and were ok with it but unsure due to their particular views on life. its my family and the girlfriends family that have the issues

Hi Bikerdre, I am in a similar situation to yourself and was just curious to know what the timeframes are for you, from meeting your GF to her moving in with you and also roughly what ages you all are?

We met her about 3 months ago and she moved in after about a month. it was a very quick transition. My wife is 28, im 27, the gf is 22.

Back