Hello all

malibujbz

Just wanted to make a brief introduction. I'm pretty open with sharing information so if anyone would like to know more details just let me know.

My wife and I, after considerable thought, have decided to have an open marriage. We think it would open up our relationship to new experiences. I consider myself a positive and happy person and see our understanding/arrangement as a complement to our existing relationship. I hope to learn more here, meet/help other people, discuss issues and increase the level of intimacy on my life.

So hello to all. I look forward to joining chatting with you.

JB

Welcome JB!

"Open Marriage" means very much different things to different people - for some it's just about being more open to others sexually, for others it's about romantic relationships, for some it's about more casual encounters, for others, more long-term.

Do you have an idea where on these various scales you and your partner stand yet? (And it's ok to say "not yet" ;) )

Welcome to the boards, Malibu. I hope you find a lot of great information and I'm sure you'll meet a lot of great people. Enjoy your stay!!

Thank you both for your response/welcome. CielDuMatin (french?) I think you kind of hit the nail on the head. I feel like I'm kind of stumbling my way into it which is one reason I'm here. I think it's largely sexual for both of us but I think that's more a reflection of just missing another intimate connection. We are both willing to experiment outside the box and see if it enhances our relationship. Still a lot of ???????

We started this lifestyle as swingers. It was fun, but we realized that there was something else that we were missing. That was when we both realized that it felt as if "we" were "single" and having meaningless sex with people. (Hope that wasn't too confusing)

We started doing more talking, research and low and behold, here we are. Good luck and don't hesitate to use the resources available to you on this board. :)

Back